OG EVO Owners, so whats your next phone?

Which phone will you upgrade to

• Total voters

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So now with sprints lineup getting even better with the Evo 3d and the Nexus S, I seem to have myself stuck on which to choose.

are you guys also undecided? or have you made up your mind?

list which phone you have decided on and why?

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am sticking with the Evo for now. The specs of the new line of phones aren't what I am looking for. I want a dual core NVIDIA HTC phone. If that never happens, then I will get a WiFi Xoom. HTC kind of disappointed me. I have zero interest in 3D of any type. I think their tablet looks subpar too. Especially with it having Sense.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I am sticking with the Evo for now. The specs of the new line of phones aren't what I am looking for. I want a dual core NVIDIA HTC phone. If that never happens, then I will get a WiFi Xoom. HTC kind of disappointed me. I have zero interest in 3D of any type. I think their tablet looks subpar too. Especially with it having Sense.

I think i remember reading that htc has a contract with there current supplier of cpu's so i don't think we will see an NVidia processor in a htc anytime soon

The reason I’m having problems picking is because I love vanilla android that the nexus s has, but i don't like Samsung

And the problem with the evo 3d is not being able to turn off the 3d on the screen. For the first time i don't want to get the new toy because i am afraid how battery life will be on the evo 3d

I know dual core saves battery and it has a bigger battery, but how will battery life be with the higher resolution screen, and 3d being processed all the time

Will probably wait for a review on the 3d before i decide on anything

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the Nexus S a lot but I want a SD card slot that I can put a 32GB chip in.
Evo 3D does nothing for me. I rarely use the video recorder so Idc about 1080P. I am still kind of pissed at HTC for not fully unlocking the HDMI port. Thank god for the developers.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC wont use nvidia chips, they have and will always stick with snapdragon. Dont be fooled though, the latest released generation of snaps are no slouches (see thunderbolt) and i can only imagine how powerful this dual core chipset will be.

The Nexus does have a flash on the camera, one LED though, not 2.

HDMI will be supported via the micro USB that doubles as hdmi, besides DLNA support. :D

Only thing that i noticed, was that in this version of sense, i did not see a option to change skins as you can on the thunderbolt/Desire HD/Desire Z. Cant imagine why they'd take that out.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going for the Galaxy S2 or any other phone with a more advanced display tech. The Evo's screen is fine but even putting it next to a DINC you can see the difference some screen love can make.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
does anyone else not like how the back of the device looks like? mainly the two cameras

maybe i need to see it in person to like it, or maybe its one of those things that you just get use to

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

ew why, the new snapdragon puts up better battery and fps/performance then the current tegra2.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

anon(21601)

May 12, 2010
Visit site
And the problem with the evo 3d is not being able to turn off the 3d on the screen. For the first time i don't want to get the new toy because i am afraid how battery life will be on the evo 3d

Perhaps you have misread articles or not paid attention to the quick video reviews. The phone definitely has the capability to be run in 2d mode. It is simple toggle switch like turning 4G on and off. I'm talking about a toggle widget or in settings. I'm not talking about the physical switch for 2d and 3d for the camera.

Last edited:

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you have misread articles or not paid attention to the quick video reviews. The phone definitely has the capability to be run in 2d mode. It is simple toggle switch like turning 4G on and off. I'm talking about a toggle widget or in settings. I'm not talking about the physical switch for 2d and 3d for the camera.

oh, i thought only the camera was able to be switched from 2d and 3d, this changes a lot for me, and is making my decision much harder, the new evo just keeps looking better and better to me, next i just hope those benchmarks were incorrect

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any complaints with my current Evo4G.

The 3D's lack of kick stand and bad Micro/usb port placement
is enough for me to wait until the next offerings from sprint.

The micro usb is almost the same location just a bit higher up as the Thunderbolt.

Read up in the TB section of this forums, about how new TB owners are trying to cope with the same bad port location on their super phone.

Not being able to charge in landscape mode while watching videos is a big issue for me. And no I don't want to get a case or charging dock to make the next Evo work just like the phone I have now.

Also, I want to see what will happen with Sprint regarding LTE?

My upgrade will now be in 2012 instead of 2011 cause I just got downgraded to Sprint premier Silver member.

I don't want to get another Wimax phone this year which would push my contract into 2013.

If somehow this At&t buy out of T-Mobile
will expedite Sprints plans to deploy LTE sooner? Which I think it will?
I'll be ready next year to welcome in an LTE Super phone?

Last edited:
Reactions: giograves

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Not yet sold on the Evo 3D. If I get it, it won't be on release day. I need to get a full hands on this time. I got this Evo on launch day

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting to see the performance of the EVO 3D in person compared side by side to my customed and rooted EVO. If there's not a significant difference, I will likely hold out to 2012 as I have my Xoom to keep me company until then.

Sprint taking away my ability to upgrade annually at new-customer pricing certainly influences this decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol