Sprint Premiere Gold Cheat?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just thinking what if you were to change your plan up to an $89.99+ plan say a month before a phone comes out (making you premiere gold) would that then bump your upgrade back to one year and then one month after you change it back to whatever you had before? What do you guys think?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think you have to have that for either 3 or 6 consecutive months before you get bumped to the Gold status. I don't work for Sprint, but I thought I read that when it first came out.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
3 months @ $20+ over regular = $60 so a saving of $15 Well if you have to wait a few months it's not really worth the hassle I guess...

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
maybe.... sometimes when you renew your contract your upgrade date does not change - i.e. when you take the $70 credit to renew for 2 more years it does not effect your upgrade date..

UPDATE I went on the sprint site and it says you can change plans without contract extensions....

"Did you know you can change your plan anytime without a contract extension, activation fee or penalty? That's our Right Plan Promise."

Last edited:
Reactions: crgrapid

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This is certainly an intriguing idea. Of course, now that it's been posted, it's only a matter of time before the bigwigs at Sprint close this loophole.

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You have to hold a $89.99 or higher plan for 3 months before they reconize you as a "gold" member. I guess if you move your plan up to "gold" before april 1st, your upgrade date will stay the same. Ive been told that 3 out of 5 times ive called CS