increase music volume?

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Whats the method or trick to increasing my audio volume with playing music through my headphones?

The same MP3 on my ipod is much louder than the same file on my EVO.

Any help is appreciated.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a problem with it, but I tend to use tight fitting earbuds with my EVO, not my big "can" style headphones.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I personally don't experience a lack of volume on this phone.

As an experiment, last night I tuned into Pandora and set the channel to my "Joe Walsh". Using an open headset. I turned on the TV set at a normal level for a noise test and heard nothing but Joe playing Funk 49. LOL

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
poweramp isn't the trick.

gummy ear buds from walmart for $10 IS however the trick.

don't buy the other brands. they were as crappy as the stock set.

by the way. walmart sells the stock set for $2.67

not all earbuds are created equal. some are just flat out lousy these days.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I got these Skullcandy earbuds, and normally have the media volume set at just one tick above nothing. I do this so that I can still hear my co-workers if they talk to me... although half the time, I still can't make out what they're saying, even if I can tell that they're talking.

If being able to hear others aren't a requirement, I'd be setting the volume at just below half with these earbuds. I'd probably lose my hearing if I set them louder than that and listen for an extended period.

Maybe you should consider new headphones?

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Gummy headphones yes they are cheap and they are the truth. Can't go wrong with them. By the way I use Double Twist with the gummy headphones I have to turn the volume down.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
what is double twist?

i find the gummy earphones sufficient enough to turn down the volume a little to keep away the distortion.

bring a commercial truck driver. the stock earphones were just pathetic

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
What are these "stock" headphones everyone speaks of?? LOL I just checked my box to be sure I wasn't crazy and my EVO didn't come with stock headphones... BTW- I use Bose headphones (got them as a gift as I am too cheap to pay that much for headphones) but they work great. As a back-up I use JVC but they never stay in my ears the same. Volume level is great.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What are these "stock" headphones everyone speaks of?? LOL I just checked my box to be sure I wasn't crazy and my EVO didn't come with stock headphones... BTW- I use Bose headphones (got them as a gift as I am too cheap to pay that much for headphones) but they work great. As a back-up I use JVC but they never stay in my ears the same. Volume level is great.
Yeah, I was gonna say, I didn't get any "stock headphones" with my Evo.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
poweramp isn't the trick.

gummy ear buds from walmart for $10 IS however the trick.

don't buy the other brands. they were as crappy as the stock set.

by the way. walmart sells the stock set for $2.67

not all earbuds are created equal. some are just flat out lousy these days.

I do believe you were talking headphones "earbuds"... glad I'm not the only one who thought so. :confused:

dberdusco

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
there is a way to do it with cdma tools i dont recomend it though it blows out your speakers i did it to my old evo even after i replaced the speaker it still blew the new one out!!!!!