Help... I think I have a virus!

MizTeeJay0724

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay - my Evo went off the deep end today. The browser is either running super duper slow, or won't connect - I can't send any MMS, I cant connect to Words with Friends...

It doesn't help that I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this kind of thing. I've also noticed lately that my battery life is next to nothing (I've had this Evo for a few months).... I'm thinking I may need to do a factory reset, is there a way to back up the apps I have so I don't have to pay for them again later or am I just completely screwed?

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Okay - my Evo went off the deep end today. The browser is either running super duper slow, or won't connect - I can't send any MMS, I cant connect to Words with Friends...

It doesn't help that I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this kind of thing. I've also noticed lately that my battery life is next to nothing (I've had this Evo for a few months).... I'm thinking I may need to do a factory reset, is there a way to back up the apps I have so I don't have to pay for them again later or am I just completely screwed?

Apps you bought from the market won't need to be purchased again. Just re-downloaded.

Have you tried the easy steps?
Battery Pull
Empty your texts/mms
Delete 3rd party apps (so you can see if one of them is doing it)
Did you change/add/remove anything right before the issues started?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing your cache. And move you apps to your SD card. Don't do a factory reset just yet. All else fell reboot your phone. Hold both down the power and volume down buttons at the same time.

chuckychuck34

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem Updating my Apps. Whenver I click update it will start the downloading process....Then it will give me an "Download of app was unsuccessful".....I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and now I cannot reinstall. I get the same error message.....:eek:.....I took that battery out and reinstalled.....I powered off and then on several times.....Do I need to reboot?...Thanks.....I have a Droid Incredible and I've never had this problem before....Thinking it my be a Virus...

Last edited:

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Whoa now. Looks like you've got another problem. The web browser seems to be taking you to the wrong forum sections. ;)