First time 4G use

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I finallay got to use the EVO today with 4G while on a business trip in CHI. I must say i am a litle disaponted. Yes it is fast but the service area stinks and it sucks the battery life.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I finallay got to use the EVO today with 4G while on a business trip in CHI. I must say i am a litle disaponted. Yes it is fast but the service area stinks and it sucks the battery life.

That's why I don't miss it much using MIUI. Never really used it much when I could.

Sent from my MIUI Havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO 4G

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
turns out that if you stay in constant 4g signal. battery life is good. it's the moving about part where 4g drops to 3g is what kills the battery.

it's like it's using more power to sniff for 4g signal. now if only thing would actually kick back into 4g.

it drops to 3g automatically but to get it back into 4g it has to be switched off and back on.

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
it's like it's using more power to sniff for 4g signal.
That's EXACTLY what is happening here. If you live somewhere where the 4G signal is nice and strong, and stretches out over your entire daily traveling area, the battery should be fine. For example, I live VERY close to Washington, DC, and I work in DC. I can always pick up a strong 4G signal, so my battery life is relatively good with 4G.

corynat

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I drive 30 miles or so to work each day and 4g drops but will pick back up and connect on its own. Don't have to manually tell it to scan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech