anyone knows?!

jayn2g

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what this new update is every time i go into recovery on my evo? is anyone else experiencing this?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When you go into recovery, the first the HBoot checks for is a valid PC36IMG.zip file (stock ROM). That is the "update" that it finds each time.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
so does this "update" wipe my phone?

If you are stock (not rooted) you could run this update, but you won't have any advantages. When you download the OTA, it is writing the PC36IMG.zip file to the root of your SD card and then running a script to install it. Because it should match your current setup, it shouldn't wipe anything.

Are you trying to do something in particular or just looking for some information?

jayn2g

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are stock (not rooted) you could run this update, but you won't have any advantages. When you download the OTA, it is writing the PC36IMG.zip file to the root of your SD card and then running a script to install it. Because it should match your current setup, it shouldn't wipe anything.

Are you trying to do something in particular or just looking for some information?

no i'm not. just noticed it asked to update when i went into recovery and when i did it updated but i had to do my set up (email) all over again

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
no i'm not. just noticed it asked to update when i went into recovery and when i did it updated but i had to do my set up (email) all over again

Ah, well I can see some settings getting lost, but I'm guessing that all of your downloaded apps were still there.

They wouldn't be if you did a full wipe / Factory data reset.