screen unresponsive at top

danepawll

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My notification bar comes down, but only after a few pulls and not smoothly. And the area directly under the bar is unresponsive. So I can't choose any thing in the top area. I did a factory reset but if did not fix it. It did this many months ago and it seems that an update may have fixed it. Anyone with any fixes or suggestions?

Thx,
Paul

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
was your phone dropped. cuz that's what killed my screen.

i don't know if it can be fixed with a replacement screen either. so now i have to use the menu button and click on notifications. i no longer have the drop down feature.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My notification bar comes down, but only after a few pulls and not smoothly. And the area directly under the bar is unresponsive. So I can't choose any thing in the top area. I did a factory reset but if did not fix it. It did this many months ago and it seems that an update may have fixed it. Anyone with any fixes or suggestions?

Thx,
Paul

Look and see if your power button has a small hair line fracture by it.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Go Launcher rather than Sense. There is a feature called Glide that allows you to assign a function to an upward and a downward finger motion on the screen. I assigned the downward glide the task of opening the Notification bar.

This came in handy the other day when my bar wouldn't open normally. I eventually found out that Google Goggles was running b*lls to the wall in the background. (I ended up deleting Goggles because it wouldn't stop.)

Reactions: tube517

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't dropped. It is really driving me nuts!!! I can't add contact names, etc...

Anyone have any helpful suggestions? Please

If youve tried a factory reset, and it didnt solve your problem the only thing you can do is take it into the sprint store. Make sure you tell them you already tried a factory reset so they dont waste your time :p

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Force stop htc sense to see if that fixes the problem. Menu > settings - applications - manage applications - all - HTC sense.

If problem persists •> follow igotsanevo4g suggestion and return the phone for a replacement.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
they are going to do a factory reset anyways. it's there job to rule out the simples things. even though we've done it already. they apparently can't take our word for it.

i did my blackberry twice. took it in. they fixed the phone and they said they did a factory reset. after i already did it twice.

i think they gots some kinda magic **** that we don't have access too.