How do I get a "tear drop cursor" in a text box like the Epic has?

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried searching, but I'm not sure I'm using the right words or I'm not getting any good hits.

My biggest pet peeve with any keyboard (I have like 8 installed I keep rotating through) is the ability to go back and quickly edit what I've typed. I try to place my thumb where I want to start typing, but it invariably is several letters off. Some keyboards at least have swipeable arrows that pop up, but my wife's EPIC has an even better solution. It has a little tear drop cursor pop up and then you can just slide it to where ever you need to be. It's AWESOME!

I thought it was keyboard specific on hers, but its not. I changed keyboards and it kept popping up. Is this just on the EPIC? Does anyone know of a way to get this working on the EVO? This would solve so many of my typing problems.

Thanks in Advance.

K--

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
the teardrop i believe is a standard android feature, i have it on my device running Destroyer V2, a GB based ROM no Sense

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried searching, but I'm not sure I'm using the right words or I'm not getting any good hits.

My biggest pet peeve with any keyboard (I have like 8 installed I keep rotating through) is the ability to go back and quickly edit what I've typed. I try to place my thumb where I want to start typing, but it invariably is several letters off. Some keyboards at least have swipeable arrows that pop up, but my wife's EPIC has an even better solution. It has a little tear drop cursor pop up and then you can just slide it to where ever you need to be. It's AWESOME!

I thought it was keyboard specific on hers, but its not. I changed keyboards and it kept popping up. Is this just on the EPIC? Does anyone know of a way to get this working on the EVO? This would solve so many of my typing problems.

Thanks in Advance.

K--

Hey m8, its standard in the Gingerbread keyboard and here's a link to it.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...acks/47290-gingerbread-keyboard-released.html

Just download the APk file and install it and your ready to rock.

Sent from my MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO