Changed Phone number, now have MMS issues

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A few weeks ago I had to change my phone number due to some issues in the private life, and ever since I have not been able to download any attachments on my MMS messages. I have checked the voice/data in the sprint zone app and its fine. I can surf the web, get on facebook, the app store, etc. Voicemail is fine and calls are fine. Its just my mms. I have make sure Profiles and PRL's are up todate, but even after I update them and go to the spring zone it still tells me there are updates available. I have pulled the battery out while the phone is on, cleared the stock message app and go sms app's cache, and when I called sprint today they had me reprogram the phones phone number and MEID numbers and reboot the phone, and when that didnt work they promptly hung up on me.

So does any one have any thoughts on what is up? Did they not re-provision the phone correctly when they changed my number? When they changed my number and had me reboot the phone it never did any kind of handshake like they told me it would, so they had me call some 1-800 number that told me the phone was activated so I am wondering if something is still not set up correctly. Does any one have the APN information for MMS that i could program it in to see if that works? Or does any one know if there is another bank of cache some where that info is being pulled from? I am not rooted and I really dont want to do a factory reset on the phone and I have the feeling if i go into a sprint store or call them back they are just going to have me do a factory reset. I would rather root the phone and put a custom rom on first.

any thoughts would be appreciated, I seem to have gotten quiet a few mms in the last few weeks and would love to see what im getting.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Friend had the same issue porting from tmobile to sprint with an evo. Not sure details of what they did in the system but was he explained it they had to completely clear him out of the system and set him back up. Took forever for him to get the right person to do it.

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Friend had the same issue porting from tmobile to sprint with an evo. Not sure details of what they did in the system but was he explained it they had to completely clear him out of the system and set him back up. Took forever for him to get the right person to do it.

Dam, guess that means I got to keep calling sprint?

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Reprogram the phone and or have Sprint "refresh " your account. By reprogram "re activate the phone as if new, manually if possible. ##123456# and edit then enter your phone number and MSID.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Which text program are you using? If it's handcent, you will have to re-register your account, assuming you created one for all their MMS goodness.

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I called sprint and had them reprogram the phone and when that didnt work (maybe they still didn't re-provision on their end) thats when i was "disconnected". I guess i will just have to go into the sprint store. Im using Go SMS and have the stock sms installed as well....doesn't work in either.

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have them change your NAI and then update your profile.

Okay, I will try this next. Is this something they can do over chat, or i will have to call in from another phone and do first (getting to another phone or me is harder than it should be).

What is a NAI? (Just so i know)

*EDIT - I tried this, it still didnt work.

Last edited:

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if this has nothing to do with changing anything. It might have more to do with everything all backed up. How many messages are you holding in that phone right now? Have you cleared out everything and started from scratch? Go SMS lets you back up before doing this so, you won't lose anything by trying.

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried this since I did have a lot of messages. Backed it up, uninstalled go, deleted all 2000 msgs, deleted the cache and data in the messages app, reupdated my profile rebooted then had a friend try a small (60k) pic. No luck.... hard reset is in my future I fear....

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest to go into a store and explain the problem. If they can't fix it, you could ask them to replace it. Perhaps a new device would solve this problem.

burzlurker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as I have good friday off and dont really know any one in Chicago, i said eff it and did a factory reset. Problem solved. I was just hoping to avoid that, but oh well. Now I gotta figure out how to root using an old mac, but thats another thread... =)

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I had issues not being able to send MMS with GO SMS installed on my phone. After I unistalled MMS worked fine.

EDIT: I didn't see the second page so never mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781