Can the steam from the shower harm my phone?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Here is something to think about when in a humid to wet environments. Unless your phone is qualified to at least Mil Standard C, like some Nextels especially the i355, you can throw that phone at a wall and it will be fine, but the wall if sheet rock might have a impression on it. Should not be introduced in that environment meaning, keep it away from moisture.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My bathroom is ventilated, so I bring phone in sometimes....never had an issue. Door open is a great idea.

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i use to listen to music from my phone while showering but i started worry about my phone and thats why i have a laptop. i keep my phone in the drawer in the bathroom while in the shower so it doesn't get any steam.

but i use to take my Blackberry at the time with me to the steam room at the gym and wrapped it around a towel while i listened to music and nothing ever happened. i do remember one guy though asking me how i do that and he started doing it as well and no complaints. but thats prolly because im lucky and wrapped it in a towel, i wouldn't want to recommend something like that because it can and will at some point hurt your phone.

And my phone is my life so that aint happening ever again

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I put my phone and camera in a zip lock bag when I go out on a small boat. This would probably work in the shower room. Don't open until you are outside the room!

The Questioning One

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
I usually have my phone on the sink so I can listen to music or Howard Stern while I shower. My moms boyfriend claims the steam from the shower can ruin my phone and/or my battery. Any truth to this?

Yes it will damage your phone i had a note 5 and it stopped functioning properly i took it to the sprint store and they discovered water damage. Since i never dropped it in any water nor did i poor it in water. Steam is the only reason for it. DO NOT HAVE YOUR PHONE IN THE OPEN IN THE BATHROOM. If u have to have it keep it in one of the pockets of your clothes. I dont know how effective it would b but its worth a try

owen pisani

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I'll tell you this from my experience. I have a Samsung galaxy s6 and I never dropped it into any water and even if I did it shouldn't be flooded with water becouse its water resistent.But somehow the power button stoped working and I took it to the place where I bought it, when they opened the phone they found the phone was corroded from the inside and had many droplets of water.Now this I dont know how it happened becouse like I said in never dropped it in water ....but I did take it in the shower multiple times, which might be the reason of why it got water inside.

Any ways moral of the story yes your phone could get damaged by steam.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63