No more mail in rebate for Sprint

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is this true, no more mail in rebate and instant $100 credit for buying a phone at Sprint? As per their website!! This would be a welcome change!! Please merge if there are related threads, didn't see them!!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah. why?

another user on here said he'll never buy from BB again.

I wasn't the one who originally said this, but unless things change I will never buy from anywhere other than BestBuy. With their new buy back program combined with the ability to get yearly upgrades (I will have been with Sprint for 10 years this fall) BestBuy will hands down have the lowest price out there.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
They may not be doing the mail in rebate anymore but they are still more expensive! My wife just got the Samsung Epic and it was $199 from Sprint but only $149 for Bet Buy! WTF!!

Last edited:

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
They may not be doing the mail in rebate anymore but they are still more expensive! My wife just got the Samsung Epic and it was $199 from Sprint but only $149 for Bet Buy! WTF!!

I'm totally with you. I never go in store because even with the rebates, Sprints in store prices are a lot more. I got my EVO from Best Buy (on some kind of promotion) for $100 less than Sprint and actually every other Android my family has, for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I think the Sprint in store reps are helpful and pretty much know their stuff, however, Best Buys pricing does it better for me...

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't the one who originally said this, but unless things change I will never buy from anywhere other than BestBuy. With their new buy back program combined with the ability to get yearly upgrades (I will have been with Sprint for 10 years this fall) BestBuy will hands down have the lowest price out there.

Not so fast, Best Buy's Buyback Program can wind up, "costing you rather than saving you money" IF you don't time it "jusssst right"... Make sure before you buy it that you will take full advantage of it, or it isn't worth it.

Now Radio Shack currently has a "outright buy back program" that is MUCH better. I sold them my Vibrant for 100.00 bucks and my LG KP500 for 50 bucks and they gave me an EVO (with a 2yr agreement) for 49.00 bucks 2 weeks ago.

BTC :-*

rdean

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about buy back programs or rebates. I care about a quality sales experience. I've been to just about every Sprint store, including a corporate store, in my area and I only recently discovered that Best Buy sells phones. In fact, the 1st and only time I set foot in a Best Buy was last week. Man, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

The Best Buy folks were courteous, knowledgeable and most importantly NOT PUSHY! I HATE shopping for a new phone at a Sprint store and like others, will not set foot in a Sprint store unless absolutely necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12