Dolphin Browser not working...what the heck?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Dolphin since I got my EVO with no problems at all. Today it started acting up.

Whether I am connected to my home wireless connection or mobile 3G, I constantly get the "Web page not available" error. I can open the stock browser and it connects and works just fine -- other apps that use data are functioning properly.

Was looking for a way to reset it, I suppose I can uninstall and reinstall, but would rather find out what is wrong.

Any ideas?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Is Dolphin updated?
Try clearing cache and data from the Dolphin app
Uninstalling and reinstalling may fix it.
Try a battery pull.

Reactions: Mikey47

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Dolphin since I got my EVO with no problems at all. Today it started acting up.

Whether I am connected to my home wireless connection or mobile 3G, I constantly get the "Web page not available" error. I can open the stock browser and it connects and works just fine -- other apps that use data are functioning properly.

Was looking for a way to reset it, I suppose I can uninstall and reinstall, but would rather find out what is wrong.

Any ideas?

I would suggest going into Dolphin Settings and clear Cache, History and Cookies and reboot your phone.....

Reactions: Mikey47

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange indeed....I was just going to go in and do what you two suggested and it is working again....

Can't think of anything that changed (before it stopped working or right before it started again), but I will keep your hints on hand in case it happens again!

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What does Dolphin even do? I downloaded it a while back and Opera Mini but quite frankly the default browser is much better. This is the first phone I've owned where the default browser works the best. I used to use Bolt on my old Blackberry because that was much better than the stock Blackberry browser, that said, I see nothing wrong with The EVOs stock browser.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Xscope but here is a CNET review of Dolphin

Dolphin Browser HD for Android - Free Android software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

What does Dolphin even do? I downloaded it a while back and Opera Mini but quite frankly the default browser is much better. This is the first phone I've owned where the default browser works the best. I used to use Bolt on my old Blackberry because that was much better than the stock Blackberry browser, that said, I see nothing wrong with The EVOs stock browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki