You know what really grinds my gears?

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo 4G since launch day and have only been able to use 4G three times and I had to travel 2 hours to Raliegh to do that. I live in a major metropolitan area for god sakes, Wilmington, NC is not bfe by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sick of seeing my friends enjoy 4G on their HTC Thunderbolts way after I should have been enjoying it on my Evo. Sorry sprint but you dropped the ball and as much as it pains me because I absolutely despise verizon you my friend gotta go. No Evo 3D for me unless Verizon gets it. Sprint you have just been put on notice. Get your sh*t together. I have been paying an extra 10 dollars for a "premium data " I can't even enjoy and:( is major bs.

atom ant22

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
you say you've has it since lauch ? Were you aware it wasnt going to be on the market for a while, You knew 4g wasnt in your area n you had to wait but i can understand thats it taking too liong to be in your area.

I sure hope you are getting the credit back from sprint each month since 4g isnt around.
There is a form to fill out and you will get the $10 credit back to your account

of course LTE seems better or faster. Sprint was the 1st 4g, so everyone else that comes after always try to improve there or make it better

Hope you get your 4g soon and make sure your getting that credit !

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you I live in flint Michigan 1 hour both if Detroit and Detroit doesn't even have it I talked to sprint about this yet and they don't know when 4g is gonna be available and to top that they admitted to having internet shortagesin my area they say it will be fixed in about 2-3 months they won't comp till they fix it .....yeah I doubt they will ..good way to push me to Verizon also at least I would be able to use my phone at work

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
better hurry.. get on verizon and thunderbolt... the unlimited data for $30 ...will not last. better get and grandfather you contract.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
1. What form?

2. You are paying the price for UNLIMITED (aka Premium) data. Verizon will be yanking the rug out from under people soon, and those that got unlimited LTE will be stuck with their Bolts for all of eternity unless they change plans in the future.

3. 4G smokes your battery...I have it and use WiFi or 3G, 99.9999% of the time.

4. Even with the upcharge for data, I will never leave Sprint unless they drop unlimited data.

Internetpilot

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I frequently vacation in NC and VA (I live in Florida), and I have to say that if I lived where I vacation, I don't know if I would have Sprint. Most of the time I'm in NC I don't have any signal at all. Large areas of Georgia are the same. I think Verizon might be a better choice for you. I know I've been considering it because of getting annoyed that I can't check email, or upload vacation photos to Facebook, or even use the navigation function of my Evo. Both of my older children have iPhones on AT&T and it's no better. In fact it's worse because AT&T doesn't offer as good of a data roaming feature as Sprint. I've noticed that any of my friends and family that I visit up there all have Verizon phones.

Not trying to imply you made a bad choice going with Sprint (and it would be a little hypocritical if I did -- haha), but it just might be time for you to move on to something else. It's a good thing that pretty much all of the service providers have some really nice phones now. We consumers actually have options now.

I'd be interested to know more about the $10 refund as well.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
1. So will Sprint. You are naive to think otherwise.

2. I only intend to use 4G for hotspot purposes and primarily when around a power source so I have no concern over battery life. Secondly I have the 3500mah battery so battery life still isn't much of a concern.

3. Refer back to 1.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
1. So will Sprint. You are naive to think otherwise.

2. I only intend to use 4G for hotspot purposes and primarily when around a power source so I have no concern over battery life. Secondly I have the 3500mah battery so battery life still isn't much of a concern.

3. Refer back to 1.

Huh? Your post makes no sense... 3. Refer back to 1?

Actually Sprint says they will never go to tiered data...that's what differentiates them from the competition.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Huh? Your post makes no sense... 3. Refer back to 1?

Actually Sprint says they will never go to tiered data...that's what differentiates them from the competition.
Yeah maybe they won't maybe they will. Unless your name is dan hesse you don't really know do you?
Secondly even if they don't they will most definitely use some type of data throttling. Don't know about you but I've only been with sprint since 2000 so I think I might have a little insight into how sprint does business. Just saying.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah and I could care less about an unlimited 4G that I can't use. I mean come on Sprint has had 4G in Raliegh, Greensboro, and Charlotte for over a yr and still nothing here not even so much as a hint to when we might be getting it. And before you talk about unlimited 3G let's get one thing straight. Slow is slow no matter how much of it you get. I've never seen faster than .9 mbps on 3G and that's under ideal conditions with full signal.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
unlimited data and texts + free mobile to mobile any carrier is awesome. I've been with sprint 10+ years now. wimax is creeping into our area slowly, i can wait.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
unlimited data and texts + free mobile to mobile any carrier is awesome. I've been with sprint 10+ years now. wimax is creeping into our area slowly, i can wait.
Awesome for you. I've had 4G all around me for over a year and still no sign of getting 4G here. Verizon and T Mobile both already have their 4G networks in place here so you'll have to forgive me if I'm feeling a little discouraged here. Yes i love the simply everything plan, I have two phones on it. The Evo and a blackberry. I have no issues with call quality or pricing I'm just peeved about owning a device that can't be used to its full potential.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, finally someone else who agrees. Sprint is bull****ting us. They are forcing us to pay $10 for "premium" data when they have not even shown me how "premium" data is different than the regular data especially when I have yet to get any 4G coverage.

I for sure won't be getting the Evo 3D at all as long as they keep screwing around. Not only that, but Sprint's coverage area has taken a biiiig nosedive.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
gears2.jpg

Back when the EVO came out, Sprint claimed that the $10/month premium data charge was not a 4G charge, but was there for unlimited data. They have even gone as far as adding it to all smartphone data plans.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I'm not shocked by it.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
gears2.jpg

Back when the EVO came out, Sprint claimed that the $10/month premium data charge was not a 4G charge, but was there for unlimited data. They have even gone as far as adding it to all smartphone data plans.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I'm not shocked by it.
Yeah I'm not complaining about the fee per say but simply the fact that its been almost a yr and I still haven't seen 4G. Quite frankly as far as I'm concerned Sprint can take their crappy unlimited 3G and shove it. Yes I bought the Evo knowing that I didn't have 4G in my area but come on , an entire yr and still no 4G, really?!? You've got to be kidding me. I bought the phone and have been paying the extra 10 dollars with the belief that one day I'd get 4G and a yr later Verizon and T Mobile both have it here and I'm getting laughed at. And yes it may be included on every smart phone plan but it was originally marketed specifically for the Evo 4G and only after it's success did Sprint decide to add it to all smart phone plans.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah maybe they won't maybe they will. Unless your name is dan hesse you don't really know do you?
Secondly even if they don't they will most definitely use some type of data throttling. Don't know about you but I've only been with sprint since 2000 so I think I might have a little insight into how sprint does business. Just saying.

Very true...I'm not Dan Hesse. However, I've been with Sprint since 1998 if we're trying to measure anything.

If Sprint isn't throttling data now, and are trying to add towers and increase coverage from what they call "Core Areas" and work it outward, instead of piecing it together like they did before, I don't see them throttling data. Perhaps you should get the minutes of some of their board meetings like we do at HP. Because Sprint is publicly traded, they are required by law to record the minutes and make them available to the public. That's one way to determine if you want to stay with a carrier, or buy some stock.

If people hate Sprint, I wish them the best as they go to Verizon or elsewhere. Verizon's 3G is the slowest by the good old JD Power testing everyone likes to quote. AT&T is the fastest if you have coverage, T-Mob has the least coverage, so if those 2 merge, it will be interesting. That will leave VZW, Sprint, ATT-Mob, and some small regional ones. I have 4G coverage here, but I use WiFi and 3G for the most part. If Sprint is able to cover 90% of an area, they are doing well. Verizon is supposed to have LTE in my area in 2014. I like Sprint. If anybody else doesn't, welcome to America...You're free to use whoever you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800