microSD Memory Card Marketing

Plysskin

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have not found this question addressed in any other posts.

I'm researching which microSD card to upgrade my HTC Evo and find several different desriptors for the cards:
Kingston
microSD Flash Card w/ adaptor

Sandisk
microSDHC Card (retail package)
microSDHC Flash Memory Card (bulk packaging)

Are these different types of cards or just marketing jargon?

Thanks.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When they say the card is "with adaptor" that usually means that it comes with a full size SD card shell for use in a card reader.

Bulk packaging means that it just comes in a plastic bag (essentially) and not the full retail packaging with the printed box / blister pack that you would normally seen in a store.

FYI, most manufacturers don't support products warranties for products bought in bulk packaging.

Plysskin

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks much.

Is there a distinction among Kingston microSD Flash Card , Sandisk's microSDHC Card, and microSDHC Flash Memory Card?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I picked up one of these a while back and have been very pleased. It is very fast and reliable.

Newegg.com - Transcend 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter Model TS16GUSDHC6

That's not a bad deal. I bought a 16GB Class 4 at Radio Shack for about $35 when they were on sale a few weeks ago.

I just checked Radio Shack's website and it looks like they are on sale again and are an even better deal than what I paid.

SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Card : SanDisk Memory Cards | RadioShack.com

I know the image shows a class 2 card, but when I went to the store, all they had were Class 4s and the price was the same.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995