Everything is force closing

jddroid

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
On my girlfriends evo, everytime the phone is turned on. About 6 different apps force close. Including gmail, twitter and handcent.

This is the second time. Its happened, did a wipe a while back and it stopped it for a little.

Now when you try to open twitter or handcent, it just opens and closes in one second and the force close popup doesn't even stay open. I've been working with android for a while but have no clue. Any idea guys?

Last edited:

jddroid

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
reboot and delete the caches again

I tried deleting the cache in the twitter one and then rebooted and it still just flashes on and off like that. its wierd the same problem comes up after the hard reset and a good 2 months.

I should just root it and run the same rom i'm running.lol but I doubt she'd let me mess with her phone.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like corrupt app(s) might be causing such issues. To find the culprit(s), remove app(s) that you aren't using regularly. If however you feel like doing another "reset" - do not install any app(s) except the preset ones.

Play around the device for awhile to see what happen. Ps. Eight(8) out of Ten(10) times...these problems are caused by corruption.

Good luck.

jddroid

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like corrupt app(s) might be causing such issues. To find the culprit(s), remove app(s) that you aren't using regularly. If however you feel like doing another "reset" - do not install any app(s) except the preset ones.

Play around the device for awhile to see what happen. Ps. Eight(8) out of Ten(10) times...these problems are caused by corruption.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll give it a try, I was just confused because it was some of the main apps giving the force closes (twitter, Gmail). I'm gunna find some that she doesn't use and get this thing working.

Thank you one more time!

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Good luck.

True...but the only corrupt ones I come across are the battery draining type...lol I had one that ate my fully charged battery in 20 minutes. Felt like I put the phone in the microwave or something.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
(Thanks)
That's what happen, corrupt app(s) causes the pre-installed app(s) to not function properly, hence causing force closing.

What you can do is to make a list of all your apps, and delete them all (do not delete the pre-installed ones)... then reinstall each app one at a time. This would be an easier method of narrowing down the corrupt app or apps.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
True...but the only corrupt ones I come across are the battery draining type...lol I had one that ate my fully charged battery in 20 minutes. Felt like I put the phone in the microwave or something.
I have a few Widgets (if that's what your talking about) on my phone, these are constantly running in the background. They don't consume too much battery power than the Android System itself.

To check to see what's using your battery •> Tap on the battery widget (if applicable), or tap menu, then settings.. about phone... battery, then battery use. If the percent (%) sign is a more than (two or three) percent (%) then you might wanna uninstalled that app.

••IMPORTANT••
Only for apps you have installed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta