Anyone used any off brand batteries in there Evo?

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at extended life batteries on ebay. There are plenty of no name brand batteries for the Evo. They are dirt cheap. I am a little scepticle on how they will perform.

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
When doing some research I came across a statement that stated any off brand batteries wont charge in the phone. Apparently there is software that only allows you to charge oem batteries. Can anyone confirm this?

leo1977

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use a 2000 mAh made by Galileo model DTD-T7373. I got two of them plus a wall charger and cord from eBay. I think the seller was speedy China. I paid about eight bucks plus shipping for them. They work fine and still fit under the stock battery door. I get about an extra hour and a half over the stock battery with them. I have been using both of them for about two months, they still work and charge just fine.

Reactions: Rain#CB

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 sets from Ebay/Hong Kong: 2 - 1500 mAh and 2 - 2000 mAh (galileo). Both sets are fine. The 1500 are older and are probably more like 1300 mAh as they don't last as long as the stock batt. The 2000 mAh are newer and do last longer than the stock batt.

I've been lucky that I got these cheap and that they work fine. Just be careful and buy from the sellers with good reputations.

tide_rulz

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When doing some research I came across a statement that stated any off brand batteries wont charge in the phone. Apparently there is software that only allows you to charge oem batteries. Can anyone confirm this?

whoever made that statement was wrong. Plenty of people use the Seidio (spelling?) batteries. I use a 3000mah battery a lot. No issue charging it or using it.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the Laza 3500 extended battery and case. I also have an external charger, which I use about 60% of the time to charge that battery. Got them off amazon.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
as long as its a semi decent battery, it wont matter what brand. Its like saying a car wont run if you dont use the same brand of oil the dealer put in. The cells might not last as long ( amount of charge times, not amount of time per charge) but when you can get them for 8 bucks or so a piece, buy a couple and youll be ok.

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have two batteries off ebay- they are stamped HTC and look like my stock batt only black, came with a desktop cradle/charger. They work just as well as the stock battery.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't comment on that but I had a Seidio extended battery for my Palm Pre and I was very unsatisfied with it. The phone would always turn off at 20% I learned my lesson and will only buy official now.

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 2x 3500mah batteries, 2x back cover, and a dock charger for $23 plus free shipping. Even if they are crap, I can't be too dissapointed. I am not expecting too much for $23.

mikeyrave

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the Platinum Series 1750mah spare/replacement battery and it worked great for all of 20 minutes until the sprint store stole it. can't comment on it being able to charge or not because my charging port died right after buying it

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use mugan extended batteries,,, love them. This is third different device i have used a mugan and never had anything but great results.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX