problems with sms

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Something weird is happening and it just started like 20 minutes ago... everytime I text a person that has sprint I'm getting this message "The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages. Msg 2111"

Any one else having this problem tonight?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think it just means that the person you are trying to text has chosen to block texts from coming to their phone. How many different people have you tried to text? If it was only one than i'm pretty sure that is the reason.....or you know a lot of people who don't feel like paying for text messages

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Na this is happening with literally everyone i know who has sprint... Im texting everyone else from other carriers fine just people with sprint. this is weird

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
ok, here is the news... if you have sprint you are currently suffering the frustrations of an outage.

you cannot do the following:
text sprint customers
send mms messages
receive mms messages

how do i know this? i called sprint because i was fed up trying to send an mms of my painting project to my friend and getting no results.

i hope this answers your question. i guess all we can do is wait.

good luck to you :)

Reactions: CaMelGuY1337

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
ok, here is the news... if you have sprint you are currently suffering the frustrations of an outage.

you cannot do the following:
text sprint customers
send mms messages
receive mms messages

how do i know this? i called sprint because i was fed up trying to send an mms of my painting project to my friend and getting no results.

i hope this answers your question. i guess all we can do is wait.

good luck to you :)

I c i just went to twitter and a lot of folks are having the same issue... I called sprint too but they were"closed" since its 1 30 am here... thanks for your input

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
no problem :) i hope the problem gets fixed soon. today was a horrible day for this to happen... my cousin just had her baby and had no other way of sending me the picture of the baby girl other than thru mms... ironically (and miraculously) this is the ONLY mms message ive been able to receive. lol. after that... it all went downhill haha.

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
no problem :) i hope the problem gets fixed soon. today was a horrible day for this to happen... my cousin just had her baby and had no other way of sending me the picture of the baby girl other than thru mms... ironically (and miraculously) this is the ONLY mms message ive been able to receive. lol. after that... it all went downhill haha.

Wow aint this something.. Congrats on your new addition to your family btw... this type of thing makes me wanna dl and use Google voice

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. It still sucks this is happening right now, but good to know it network wide. Hopefully this will be fixed in the morning.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow aint this something.. Congrats on your new addition to your family btw... this type of thing makes me wanna dl and use Google voice

yeah, I hear ya on Google Voice. My friend uses it all the time and loves it.

I had to use Gtalk to get a hold of him today because i got an error that said "the recipient you have contacted has chosen not to receive messages" or something like that lol. google saves the day, for sure. I don't have google voice.. but now I shall consider it as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca