Hey all,

I've had my evo for about a year now and I started to notice it's lasting for a shorter and shorter period of time. I know batteries lose the ability to hold a charge after so many cycles but is it common to have to replace the battery after only 11 months of daily charging?
    05-11-2011 11:42 AM
    very well could be.

good news is the stock batteries are less than $3 to replace. Better yet, you can get a 3500 for less than $10.
    05-11-2011 11:59 AM
    You could have a battery problem. I had mine for almost a year, but I haven't notice any change in life.
    Are you rooted? If so you might try to wipe battery stats. I do that every so often.
    05-11-2011 12:04 PM
    Upgraded to the 3500 as well but the stock battery was starting to show some wear down after 10 months
    05-11-2011 12:27 PM
    Thanks everyone.

I am running Sense (updated naturally) with the stock battery. I will pick up a new one and see if that helps get me back into the 13-14 hour range (I'm getting about 8-9 at most when not on wifi).

Also where can you get a battery for $3?

EDIT: And to those using the 'Batman' Seidio 3500.. how huge is that sucker? I used one on my old Pre (talk about crap battery life, 6 hours on stock!) but that phone was tiny to begin with. I use a Seidio active (rubber and plastic) case on my Evo so I'm a little wary not having some sort of protection for it.
    05-11-2011 12:32 PM
    With TEP, you can visit a Sprint service center and have it tested on a cadex machine. If it tests poor, they can order a new one. Most shops probably have new ones hand to swap with you and they'll just keep the order. That applies until the 1 year mark.
    05-11-2011 12:48 PM
    I run my EVO hard, lots of web browsing,and my Seidio 3500 battery, bought soon after they were released, is definitely showing reduced life. This fits my experience on the Pre, and to a lesser extent the old Treo phones, so isn't surprising.

If you run your phone more, and drain the battery deeply most days, or do frequent partial recharges, the battery will lose capacity sooner.

Fortunately I'll have a new EVO 3D battery in a month or so!
    05-11-2011 12:59 PM
    Are you rooted? If so you might try to wipe battery stats. I do that every so often.
    Good suggestion... how do you do that?
    05-11-2011 03:31 PM
    Thanks everyone.

Also where can you get a battery for $3?
    Amazon.
    05-11-2011 03:36 PM
    Good suggestion... how do you do that?
    In your recovery. I use Amon RA and its in the wipe section. Haven't been on clockworkmod for a LONG time but I would assume its in the same section. If not then maybe advance section.
    05-11-2011 03:57 PM
    Li-ion batterys are good for around 300 cycles.
    05-11-2011 05:16 PM
    very well could be.

good news is the stock batteries are less than $3 to replace. Better yet, you can get a 3500 for less than $10.
    I bought some OEM batteries on ebay for cheap a few months ago, but they last for a noticeably shorter time than the one that came with my evo. I suspect they were actually refurbs that someone sealed in a plastic bag.

It's tough to determine which sellers have the real thing, although a quick read of the Amazon reviews seem to point out a seller or two.
    05-11-2011 11:59 PM
    I forgot to post a reply but I wound up backing up my phone, resetting it back to day 1 and reinstalled my purchased apps. Everything has been going much smoother now and I'm back to getting closer to 13-15hrs on a single charge.

NO idea still what was causing it because I have everything installed I had on it before.
    05-30-2011 05:02 PM
    Forgive me if this is repetitive, but can someone post a link or tell me where I can get the cheap 3500 mah batteries?
    05-30-2011 06:09 PM
    Amazon

Amazon.com: HTC Evo 4G 3500mAh Extended Battery + Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

Forgive me if this is repetitive, but can someone post a link or tell me where I can get the cheap 3500 mah batteries?
    05-30-2011 09:29 PM
    I forgot to post a reply but I wound up backing up my phone, resetting it back to day 1 and reinstalled my purchased apps. Everything has been going much smoother now and I'm back to getting closer to 13-15hrs on a single charge.

NO idea still what was causing it because I have everything installed I had on it before.
    You may have just had a lot of junk floating around in your system from all that time. Stuff from deleted apps, etc. Fresh installs always make things run better.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2011 09:53 PM
    if you have TEP, have the repair center order free replacement under warranty first. your phone isn't even a year old yet, even if you got it on launch day.

try the free one first, even though they are usually re-manufactured, before dishing out cashola.
    05-31-2011 09:45 AM
    Thank you very much! Ordered and done!
    05-31-2011 12:20 PM
    I thought my battery was bad and it turned out to be the wall charger.You might want to try a different charger.
    06-01-2011 11:01 AM
    I just received a replacemnt EVO via warranty claim (USB charging port separated from Mobo).

The phone would not charge before via the USB port. Now the fatory data cable isn't working unless you hold it "just right". I have purchased aftermarket extended slim and FAT batteries with mixed results. The fat batteries (only 2 months old) no longer charge in the charger. The 'slim' ones do work in that charger. (chargers are in different locations).

My point is the battery, charging cable, or charging port can go bad on any device. Sometimes replacing them oneby one will lead to asolution.

I am suprised that is takes anyone more than 1-2 months to realize they need a different battery than the stock battery as many on this board (and others) get horrible battery life, even with moderate usage.

Good Luck !
    06-01-2011 11:59 AM
    I bought the EC Technology battery off Amazon, it lasted as long if not longer than I believe the original did. Much better than the cheap $6 replacement, that thing was terrible. Don't go too cheap on a replacement, a lit of crappy batteries out there.

Edit, just saw this thread is several years old, meh still relevant.
    09-22-2013 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD