Where are programs saved on SD card?

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

So I know we can move programs from the phone to the SD card.
I'm getting a warranty replacement and my card is a bit packed so I want to remove the programs on there. Am I better off moving my pictures, video and music off the card, formatting, and moving them back, or is there a folder where all of my SD saved programs go that I can delete and move on without having the hassle of reformatting.

Thanks!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You know, after reading your post...I searched for like 15 minutes all through the file structure and could not find that blasted SD extensions folder. If your getting a new/different device, just move all your music and pics to your computer for a few minutes. Then jump into the application manger through settings and move all the apps back to internal memory. Format your card and put it in the new device, let the new device recognize the card...then proceed to put your stuff back on it. If your getting the same phone then you don't really need to format...because it will see that the folders it makes on the SD card are already there. Just move all the apps back to internal memory and delete any folders left behind by the apps. Should be good to go. :-D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys

So I know we can move programs from the phone to the SD card.
I'm getting a warranty replacement and my card is a bit packed so I want to remove the programs on there. Am I better off moving my pictures, video and music off the card, formatting, and moving them back, or is there a folder where all of my SD saved programs go that I can delete and move on without having the hassle of reformatting.

Thanks!

Apps are not saved to the actual card, the apps are moved to the asec folder which is part of the system partition on the device. Part of the apps stay in memory for the OS to identify it, while the rest of the app is moved to the asec folder. The apps saved to "card" or asec folder will be deleted with a hard, or factory reset....