Was the EVO sms bug ever fixed? Still using HandCent?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It's been quite a while now since the SMS bug and I never saw any resolution for the EVO. Sammy fixed their Nexus S apparently. Was that ever fixed for EVO? I've been using HandCent ever since (which I quite like), but wondered it that was still the preferred method to keep the problem at bay. Was there a small update pushed out that I didn't notice?

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the forum search more recent that January.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
It's been quite a while now since the SMS bug and I never saw any resolution for the EVO. Sammy fixed their Nexus S apparently. Was that ever fixed for EVO? I've been using HandCent ever since (which I quite like), but wondered it that was still the preferred method to keep the problem at bay. Was there a small update pushed out that I didn't notice?

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the forum search more recent that January.

problems still there, i'm interested though to see if the evo 3d has this problem

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Nothing much...It's a problem like you're texting your girlfriend, and it goes to your wife instead...EEK!!!

LMAO
Well if you aren't using a throw-away phone for the girlfriend (and hiding your golf clubs) then you're an amateur. Ask someone who knows (right Tiger?) ...:-[

TigerWoodsCheated-e1280267011720.jpg

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing much...It's a problem like you're texting your girlfriend, and it goes to your wife instead...EEK!!!

My understanding of the problem is that if you went to send a text message using the stock messaging app by going into your recent conversation list, it would sometimes pick a different contact than the one you selected.

Then if you didn't check to see that the recipient was wrong, you could send the text to the wrong person.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The stock messaging app is flawed. I don't use it all. It is the one stock app that I would never use. Try Handcent, Chomp or GO SMS. Between those 3, you should be able to text with little to no worries.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My understanding of the problem is that if you went to send a text message using the stock messaging app by going into your recent conversation list, it would sometimes pick a different contact than the one you selected.

Then if you didn't check to see that the recipient was wrong, you could send the text to the wrong person.

This happened to me but it was no biggie because it wasn't a message that was incriminating lol

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's odd they haven't fixed this. First time some executive sends a message to the wrong contact and leaks stock sensitive information or something this will give Android a big black eye over BlackBerry.
Has anyone with the Gingerbread 'accidental' release checked out the SMS bug on there? If they fixed it there, I wonder if updating to an extract of that would work.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I wish Handcent would release a paid version. I loath apps with advertising and would happily pay to use Handcent. I agree that the stock messaging app stinks. Mine is always messing up the time stamps where I get texts four hours before they were sent! :D

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I wish Handcent would release a paid version. I loath apps with advertising and would happily pay to use Handcent. I agree that the stock messaging app stinks. Mine is always messing up the time stamps where I get texts four hours before they were sent! :D

Handcent does offer that. Go to their site and there are services you can purchase and get rid of all the ads as well.

http://my.handcent.com/m/services.html

I paid $5.99 some time ago to be a VIP member and now have no ads.

Reactions: anon(123856)

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Never had that problem (on any of the ROMs I have run). My wife and her mom both have the EVO and if anything can go wrong, it will for them, and this has not happened to them either. Guess we can just count ourselves as lucky! Sorry for those of you having this issue, it does sound like something that would move me to Handcent in a heartbeat.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

This has happened to me as well. One of my friends lives in a big roaming area for Sprint and whenever I'm at his house all my text messages are from the future. It's like there is some gap in the time space continuum up there...lol. :p

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me as well. One of my friends lives in a big roaming area for Sprint and whenever I'm at his house all my text messages are from the future. It's like there is some gap in the time space continuum up there...lol. :p
Maybe it does have something to do with roaming. Where I work the cell signal in the building is non-existent and my phone indicates I'm roaming about 75% of the day. The only messages I seem to have issues with are ones that my wife sends me via a Cox email account and they are always about four hours off... Maybe Sprint wants to charge us for correcting the time space continuum... :p