just got this battery, and it is hands down AWESOME! finally get to use my EVO the way it should be used. the only grievance i have is that the seidio battery cover doesnt fit well on my phone -- the left side of the cover is semiflush with the phone body, but the right side, forget about it ... there is a clear gap there and you can even see the red colored stuff right though it. it's about a 1/2 mm gap. sounds small, but it's not. is this just the way it is? i was gonna exchange it, but wanted to see what other owners experiences are before i do.

thanks!
    05-16-2011 01:02 AM
    I've had the 3500 battery ever since seido released them. My cover fits just as tight as the stock one. You may have just a bad one, and I would contact them and they send you one that will fit better. IF it were me, i'd send an email with pictures of how it fits.
    05-16-2011 11:21 PM
    Same here, I've had the 3500 since it was released and the cover is just fine. You may find that you need to remove and re-attach it from a different angle to get all sides to engage. Good luck, at any rate -
    05-16-2011 11:51 PM
    Love the life of the 3500- have never run out of battery before the end of the day with it. Fits perfectly, but I found it fits better if you install one long side before the other one. I don't want to take mine apart, but I know one long side seems like more of a hinge, and the other side pops in place...
    05-17-2011 01:25 PM
    I too have the Seido 3500 for my EVO. It is almost a requirement for this and any smart phone (if you want to use the phone and all the features that come with it). I have never had any problem with the battery cover fitting correctly. My prev phone was a blackberry bold and the seido battery cover fit, however it was almost impossible to take off. This was a know problem with the battery cover that had and still is being discussed in blackberry forums (thus, i was def not the only one with this problem). very frustrating.
    05-17-2011 05:10 PM
    thanks for the input, everyone. i got a replacement unit from Amazon, and this one now fits well. absolutely love this battery!
    05-20-2011 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD