Everything is getting an update but the EVO 4G

zippyze

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When the EVO came out it was the top of the line. Now Sprint acts like it never existed. What's so hard about updating a great phone? I paid good money for it and get no support from Sprint or HTC.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
When the EVO came out it was the top of the line. Now Sprint acts like it never existed. What's so hard about updating a great phone? I paid good money for it and get no support from Sprint or HTC.

Why are you complaining??? :confused:

The EVO has probably the most custom ROMs available for it than any other phone. You want an update, go install one of the many Gingerbread ROMs. Besides, there is an official update coming soon!

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I myself would like to get GB and sense 2.1 atleast but I think I'm gonna pick up the 3D anyway so I'm quite happy at the moment

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
People just want updates to say they have it. Gingerbread is NOT going to be some revolutionary upgrade to froyo, most people complaining would have no idea of the differences once they do get it.

Reactions: original00

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
this is why I am never buying another Evo nor sticking with Sprint

Please stop ... please don't turn this thread into another of your inane rants. We know you don't like Sprint, we know you don't like the EVO. There 'nuff said.

OK, back on topic. We know there is an update coming, I think the EVO is still at the top of the heap (even with the Nexus S, etc. coming out). I think the 3D is poised to take that crown, but only time will tell.

GB and Sense updates are coming, but I don't think Sprint will let them out before the 3D comes out. While we may not agree with that, it sure seems like good business sense to me.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Please stop ... please don't turn this thread into another of your inane rants. We know you don't like Sprint, we know you don't like the EVO. There 'nuff said.

OK, back on topic. We know there is an update coming, I think the EVO is still at the top of the heap (even with the Nexus S, etc. coming out). I think the 3D is poised to take that crown, but only time will tell.

GB and Sense updates are coming, but I don't think Sprint will let them out before the 3D comes out. While we may not agree with that, it sure seems like good business sense to me.

Was I ranting? No I wasn't. Never said I didn't like the Evo, I just hate the ones pulling the strings behind it - Sprint and HTC.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
this is why I am never buying another Evo nor sticking with Sprint

Do you think it's any different on any other carrier with any other phone? If so, please explain.

Until everything moves to the Nexus S style of updates, where all updates come directly from Google, then updates will always roll out slower than expected. If you want the latest and greatest, then root your phone and load up whatever versions you want. The EVO has one of the largest selections of custom ROMs out there, that deliver just about every combination of Android + Sense versions. You won't get that kind of variety with any other phone except maybe the Nexus S, since it is considered a development platform.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
End the bickering. Now. I will not have a constructive thread turn into practice for the debate team.

We CAN let some things go guys, this is the internet after all.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What updates are the OP looking for? 2.3? How many phones has 2.3 been released for? I don't really keep up with all the phones. I thought 2.3 was still on just a few devices officially (minus newly released phones).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech