When do you think Sprint will start selling the SS?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I think Sprint will announce the SS today with a 'summer' release window but no specific date or pricing.

What do you think?

dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think you are probably correct but I hope that you are not. As someone else mentioned, Palm built up a lot of hype with the pre at CES and waited too long to launch which seriously hurt their sales in the long run. Then again, HTC isn't a struggling company that invested everything into one phone either.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I think you are probably correct but I hope that you are not. As someone else mentioned, Palm built up a lot of hype with the pre at CES and waited too long to launch which seriously hurt their sales in the long run. Then again, HTC isn't a struggling company that invested everything into one phone either.

Correct. HTC isn't "hurting" per se, but no company should attempt a head-to-head with the iPhone 4G this summer. Companies should try to capitalize on market lulls and this is the perfect time of year to release devices (Jan - April typically see the most churn rate for cell carriers... Income tax checks come in and people are more willing to pay ETF's to go to another carrier for a certain phone).

r-nice

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Smart money says they give a Summer release window but ideally it would be out much sooner to capitalize on the announcement and interest.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
6 months after AT&T's release!

just kidding... hehe. I kind of wish Sprint had the N1 already. Would have gotten for Sprint instead of AT&T to save on $$$. I have 3 lines with $30 plans on them now. On Sprint, I'm an add-a-line :(

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Sometime soon

They're saying summer but there have been too many mentions of a release soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in April. I did note on one of the screenshots the date was June 1; I wonder if that is a clue...

Either way the release can't be soon enough!

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
pdadb.net has it set for June 2010. I think that is what it had for the Pre and it launched in June as well. Might be perfect timing to get all the Sprint Premier Pre owners (I was one of them until I got myself a Hero last week) to jump ship onto the Android platform.

For me I'll be honing in on all the skills needed for Android with my Hero until June, so the subsidy will be available again!!!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I am hoping for, actually. :)

I'm more than willing to say goodbye to my Pre and Hello to my Evo 4G!

A lot of people on here understand. I was fortunate enough to get out and have it exchanged with any device other than the Touch Pro 2. I went with the Hero though cause my sister was familiar with Android and offered to help me out. I found this website, and now I help her out ;)
Its a bit of a shock at first. The stock Hero lags like hell, but once I got the balls to root and install a custom ROM (thanks gbhil), it flies. I have no doubts this thing will be a beast out of the box though, no custom ROM needed for speed improvement.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Kadafy- Same here. Well, I'm hoping that i won't have to stand in line, as HTC seems to have their production figured out where they will have plenty to take care of everyone.

dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Kadafy- Same here. Well, I'm hoping that i won't have to stand in line, as HTC seems to have their production figured out where they will have plenty to take care of everyone.

I know it's not as hot of an item, But tmo says HTC is keeping them in pretty good stock with the HD2, so they should be good with this too.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Correct. HTC isn't "hurting" per se, but no company should attempt a head-to-head with the iPhone 4G this summer. Companies should try to capitalize on market lulls and this is the perfect time of year to release devices (Jan - April typically see the most churn rate for cell carriers... Income tax checks come in and people are more willing to pay ETF's to go to another carrier for a certain phone).

You're wrong for ONE simple fact:

iPhone 4G will be available for 3G ONLY.

Evo will be available on 4G/3G.

So if you're in an area with 4G speeds and you want that speed, you have only ONE option: Evo.

There is ONE thing going in Apple's favor here though - the name of their phone is misleading/confusing enough to non-tech savvy people that they're going to believe it'll get 4G speeds.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The sooner they can get this out the better IMHO. They should also start advertising the hell out of it on TV.

Also, has it actually been confirmed that the new iPhone will be called the 4G? That would be deceptive indeed.

Ozmodiar

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I stood in line for my Pre and I will stand in line for this.

Agreed. I was the 3rd person in line in my city, and I was the first one to finish the setup process and get out of the store. I will make goddamn sure the same thing happens again.

You're wrong for ONE simple fact:

iPhone 4G will be available for 3G ONLY.

Evo will be available on 4G/3G.

So if you're in an area with 4G speeds and you want that speed, you have only ONE option: Evo.

There is ONE thing going in Apple's favor here though - the name of their phone is misleading/confusing enough to non-tech savvy people that they're going to believe it'll get 4G speeds.

My roommate works for AT&T and we were just discussing that last night. I'm wondering if they don't call it iPhone 4th-Gen or something similar to avoid the "4G" naming hassle. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
6tr6tr: good post on the deceptive title, this is very true.

Sprint will market the hell outta this as they are the ONLY company offering this service. I really think from a marketing/business stand point the release date makes sense in June. The Pre owners will be able to use their one year upgrade and go after this phone.

I hope its sooner though...

Ozmodiar

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Since I can't upgrade until June, I'm completely OK with it being sooner. This way I won't have to wait in line, and (hopefully) miss any issues with "first shipment" devices. From what I hear, the build quality of newer Palm Pre's are much higher than the first-gen one I have.