When do you think Sprint will start selling the SS?

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Anytime after June 6th which is the one year anniversary of my Pre purchase. I'll be eligible then and will definitely be buying this beast of a phone.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually, you should be available to go June 1st. I checked my upgrade status at a store when I was having issues with my Pre and it was June 1st, even though I got it on June 6th as well. So far so good I'm happy with my Hero and the Android OS. I am a definite Android user for the long haul.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually, you should be available to go June 1st. I checked my upgrade status at a store when I was having issues with my Pre and it was June 1st, even though I got it on June 6th as well. So far so good I'm happy with my Hero and the Android OS. I am a definite Android user for the long haul.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. This will be my first Android OS phone and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I made a joke on twitter about the release, but it wasn't 100% in jest.

Somewhere on some blog (yeah pretty vague) I saw a post in a story's comments from a Daniel Cho who said Sprint/HTC were planning on a big whoop-de-doo on June 30 with the rollout of 4G for Kansas City and the release of the Supersonic (EVO).

No idea who Daniel Cho is, or even if it was just a troll posting, but it makes perfect sense after yesterdays news.

the weasel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
You're wrong for ONE simple fact:

iPhone 4G will be available for 3G ONLY.

Evo will be available on 4G/3G.

So if you're in an area with 4G speeds and you want that speed, you have only ONE option: Evo.

There is ONE thing going in Apple's favor here though - the name of their phone is misleading/confusing enough to non-tech savvy people that they're going to believe it'll get 4G speeds.

it's actually called the iphone G4, not 4G

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
it's actually called the iphone G4, not 4G

That is the what the industry is calling it. Well half actually... some people still call it the iPhone 4G (which refers to 4th Generation Hardware) and some call it the G4.

Apple has not called it anything since it isn't announced nor released. His original depiction of the device and it's capabilities (presumed since ATT has no 4G network yet) are accurate.

Ah. I was wondering what naming scheme they were going to use to try to avoid that confusion.

Keep wondering... speculation + silly season = good times.

kidd_andyy

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
iphone 4g??

Correct. HTC isn't "hurting" per se, but no company should attempt a head-to-head with the iPhone 4G this summer. Companies should try to capitalize on market lulls and this is the perfect time of year to release devices (Jan - April typically see the most churn rate for cell carriers... Income tax checks come in and people are more willing to pay ETF's to go to another carrier for a certain phone).

the head to head with ipohne 4G isnt even an actual happening yet its a rumor and right now everybody knows that Sprint is making the 4G network the better network than AT&T Verizon so why would anyone say that the HTC EVO wont be able to compete with the "iPhone 4G" when its only a rumor and not even going to be out for another year

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
the head to head with ipohne 4G isnt even an actual happening yet its a rumor and right now everybody knows that Sprint is making the 4G network the better network than AT&T Verizon so why would anyone say that the HTC EVO wont be able to compete with the "iPhone 4G" when its only a rumor and not even going to be out for another year

4g is 4th generation cell phone, not 4th gen wireless data

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
pdadb.net has it set for June 2010. I think that is what it had for the Pre and it launched in June as well. Might be perfect timing to get all the Sprint Premier Pre owners (I was one of them until I got myself a Hero last week) to jump ship onto the Android platform.

For me I'll be honing in on all the skills needed for Android with my Hero until June, so the subsidy will be available again!!!

I literally did the same thing... I put my Pre on craigslist for a trade on Monday, and by Wed. I had a taker. We met up on Sat morning and I've been enjoying Android since... I only wish it had the 3D games like my Pre did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers