Sold my EVO - best thing I ever did

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I got so sick and tired of all of the problems with the EVO and especially Sprint, that I sold the phone on eBay. I bought a T-Mobile G2X and cannot be happier. My battery last about 8 hours, I get anywhere between 8-10 Mbps versus .50 - 1 mbps on Sprint. I NEVER was able to find and stay connected to a 4G network even when I was standing inside a Sprint store.

The EVO is a good phone but the network sucks. I find the G2X much more stable and it is a plain Android setup without any bloatware. More importantly, the network really supplies the fast speeds that they advertise. Very happy with my decision.

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is I surg a ton, download tunes, listen to podcasts, view movies, videos, etc and it NEVER skips, stalls or gives me that horrendous buffeting crap. The network is great. I highly recommend this type of phone for anyone who decries all of the bloatware that the majority of Android devices come pre-loaded with. Plain vanilla Android, for me at least, is the way to go.

As for price, my wife was already on T-Mobile so adding a second phone was a snap. I was paying $100 per month with the all inclusive date plan and my wide was paying about $85. Now with the Family Plan we are paying less (combined) then were were under two separate contracts.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to the op. With everything that sprint has done lately I'm pondering jumping ship for the sensation. I have been with sprint since last June and the service in my area has gotten worse by the day. My wife jumped to the iPhone on at&t and I'm floored by the speed and constant signal she gets.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally love Sprint, good prices, have always had great customer service, and the 4G is plenty fast enough for a phone. Heck even my 3G in some areas goes up to 1.5mbps which is fast enough for me. I'm more for reliability, and I do like T-Mobile but at least here in PHX the reliability is terrible.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
All the adulation because someone changed phone & switched carrier, I was starting to think he got a high paying job overseas. :eek:
You still reside in the US, right Slider9499?

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Its great we have choices. It's all boils down to what works best for you. I'm happy with my EVO but whatever works for you and your needs.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Why would anybody pay for a used EVO? Does Sprint has better plan for people with non subsidized phones? Are there other usages for used EVO's?

If someone wants an Evo, but isn't due for an upgrade or just doesn't want to be stuck on a contract and doesn't feel like spending $500 on a phone, they get a used one.... Big market out there for used phones, youd be surprised. Evo's in top condition go for 300+.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Why would anybody pay for a used EVO? Does Sprint has better plan for people with non subsidized phones? Are there other usages for used EVO's?

They might want the evo and not be eligible for an upgrade. That way they don't have to pay an absurd amount of money.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

they lost or broke their sprint phone.. need a replacement.. but are not eligible for an upgrade.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary