please help- new evo user

voigtc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I just switched from a blackberry to the evo htc shift and hate it. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and change my mind as I hear this is a great phone. Here are my questions....

1.) When my evo is charging the led light won't flash when I have a new message.. help please?
2.) I know when you receive a new message it shows up on the status bar. However when I receive new messages for texts it will have a icon with the number of missed or unread messages on the home page. However I can't get that to occur for any of the other messages such as gmail google talk or fb. Any suggestions or apps that can fix that?

I really appreciate any help. I'm about to throw in the towel and go back to a blackberry

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the EVO Shift supports it, but the way that a lot of us EVO 4G users have been getting notifications while charging is by using the WiMax Notifier app developed by the folks at XDA.

[APP]WiMax Notifier NEW RELEASE!!!!!! 4/26/11 - xda-developers

This works because there is an unused bi-color LED (red and green) that is located across from the charge LED in the speaker grille. Also, custom ROMs have the feature pre-installed.

There is the Gmail unread count widget on the market, but that only shows a widget on your a home screen and it does not let you launch Gmail from it.

Gmail Unread Count

You could try a different launcher. I believe that Launcher Pro allows you to set up the bottom dock with a Gmail shortcut that shows an unread count. I don't know of a way to show unread Facebook messages in the status bar or a widget, but this app might take care of all three for you in a lock screen.

Missed It!

Reactions: Biggnaa20

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
1... sorry.. i dont think there is a solution for that. Blackberry LED notification is an advantage for it. why they dont fix this on android? i dont know.

2. the number in icon .. that is a widget that looks like an icon. i am not sure if they have icon widgets for the other services... i am running a custom ROM. you will have to check in your widget selection.

if those are the 2 reasons you hate the evo shift / android.....
and dont see all the other advantages ....

there are other blackberries ... and or other OS phones.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro has unread count for icons in the dock. HandcentSMS also has support for unread count on the widget. CyanogenMod opens up the second LED (at least on the EVO 4G) so you can get notifications while you charge.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon