Time not showing correctly!

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same problem as everyone else. HTC EVO about 10 minutes ahead. I turned off automatic setting and turned it back on and it reset to the correct time. We will see if it lasts.
I just tried this and my phone reverted to the correct time. I guess it's similar to the location bug where you could be in CT but your phone thinks you're in Russia! :)

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't sure what automatic setting was refered to but turning the Evo off then on seemed to fix it. Took a minute or so after it rebooted....

monty9119

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It hasn't reoccured for me yet but all I did was turn on and off airplane mode. This was also happening on my fiance's Evo and it also hasn't reoccured.

Sent from my umm.. phone

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't know when this thread was started, but mine was 10 minutes fast this morning as well. My alarm went off at 7:50 and I said "WTF?". It showed 8am...I also did the trick of turning auto update on and off. It hasn't happened since, but I will keep my eyes open...

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't reoccured for me yet but all I did was turn on and off airplane mode. This was also happening on my fiance's Evo and it also hasn't reoccured.

Sent from my umm.. phone
Maybe just killing the radio is enough. When it comes back on it re-establishes it's connection and fixes itself. All I did was un-check then re-check Automatic under Date and Time. If it screws up again I'll try turning off the radio.

bigpuma

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same problem as everyone else. HTC EVO about 10 minutes ahead. I turned off automatic setting and turned it back on and it reset to the correct time. We will see if it lasts.

5 hours later and my clock is still correct so this seems to have worked.

nishita

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any other problems with the clock since I posted this morning. I also turned off automatic/network time when I noticed it was wrong, then switched it right back on. It corrected itself right away, and, as I said, I haven't had any problems since. *fingers crossed*

At least it was 10 minutes fast and not slow.