HTC EVO 4G from Sprint Gets Android Gingerbread Update

davidstjohn1

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Community: Announcements: HTC EVO 4G from Sprint Gets Android Gingerbread Update

HTC EVO? 4G from Sprint will receive the Android? 2.3, Gingerbread, update through an over-the-air maintenance release beginning on Monday, June 6.

Sprint will send update notifications to users in waves. The notification will let users know the update is available and provide the simple two-step, over-the-air download instructions.

Users will receive a notification that Android 2.3 is available for download.

Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.

Can't Wait Until June 6?

For those who just can?t wait to get Android 2.3, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade starting on Friday, June 3. To access the update ? from the home screen/Menu/Settings/System updates/HTC software Update. This will initiate the upgrade process.

The software release upgrades HTC EVO 4G to Android 2.3, Gingerbread. This version of Android improves download management through the Downloads application, offering the user easy access to any file downloaded from the browser, email or another application. It also fixes the devices ability to stream media through certain applications for the device.

Gingerbread restores HTC EVO 4G?s ability to sync multiple Gmail? accounts, display email attachments in the email client and fixes battery discharge issues.

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
will we have to unroot before the OTA? I just today completed my very first custom ROM install and rooting. I would hate for all this time to go to waste...

davidstjohn1

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
ur best bet is to wait for someone here to come up with a zip install so that u dont have to unroot. Installing the update will unroot u most likely. I would say wait till we get a rooted version a couple days after the update.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks. i wonder if it will include an update to Sense....

Most likely it will not include an update to Sence... there hasn't been any talk or advertisement of this update having an updated Sence!?!?!

This update just gives stock unrooted evo's Gingerbread 2.3.3 and a few other minor fixes. Its going to be like when they updated 2.1 to 2.2. Just a bunch of under the hood type of things.

And seeing all of these types of threads popping up over the last week or so I'm starting to get the feeling this update is going to produce a lot of the same threads that the 2.2 updated did.

Alot of people with root will do the update and start complaining that they lost root and can't get it back and alot of threads about how Sprint and HTC failed yet again with another update, no updated Sence and so on.

Its almost time to pop a bag of popcorn and sit back and have a good laugh or 2.

Sent From The Tree House Out Back!

tomtom89

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if someone might have already asked a similar question, but I'm running CM7 and i was wondering how iI update from that. should i just wait until someone releases the rooted .zip file? I mean, would it just be as easy as that?

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Community: Announcements: HTC EVO 4G from Sprint Gets Android Gingerbread Update

HTC EVO? 4G from Sprint will receive the Android? 2.3, Gingerbread, update through an over-the-air maintenance release beginning on Monday, June 6.

Sprint will send update notifications to users in waves. The notification will let users know the update is available and provide the simple two-step, over-the-air download instructions.

Users will receive a notification that Android 2.3 is available for download.

Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.

Can't Wait Until June 6?

For those who just can?t wait to get Android 2.3, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade starting on Friday, June 3. To access the update ? from the home screen/Menu/Settings/System updates/HTC software Update. This will initiate the upgrade process.

The software release upgrades HTC EVO 4G to Android 2.3, Gingerbread. This version of Android improves download management through the Downloads application, offering the user easy access to any file downloaded from the browser, email or another application. It also fixes the devices ability to stream media through certain applications for the device.

Gingerbread restores HTC EVO 4G?s ability to sync multiple Gmail? accounts, display email attachments in the email client and fixes battery discharge issues.

Will we have to un-do the temporary streaming fix before we upgrade or does it matter...???

Ham

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech