[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the the rogue voicemail notification is coming back after reboot.

Also, when I double-tap a word in swype, I'm getting copy / paste dialogue instead of a word pick list. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm unable to find?

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
Under "Battery Use" my display is also very high at 75%. Also, the "time on battery" at the top of the battery use screen seems to not be resetting. I've done a battery pull, put it on the charger, etc, and the time just keeps counting up. I assume it should reset to 0 minutes after a reboot or after being on the charger... but it is not.

Same here. I just noticed that the battery time isn't resetting after a battery pull too.

gotthelife4u

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Pandora is working well for me. I too am seeing the large percentage of battery going to the display. My girlfriend's nexus s does this as well. I am thinking its just part of gingerbread.

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No wireless N

It would also appear that the wireless no longer supports N. I use to connect at 65mb/s but now it is 54.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
~Feature: Something cool, that may be new to GB is the "Pocket Mode" under sound settings. It increases the ring volume when phone is in pocket or a bag. Also, "Flip for Speaker" seems new, too!

~Feature: When selecting your input method, there is a box that pops up (more like an app icon) than just the box that poppep up previously

~Bug: My clock is stuck on 11:36AM (but will immediately change to the correc ttime) on the home screen widget. Ironically, 11:36AM is when I initialted the download.

~Bug: I have the screen drain battery issue.

~Unknown Category: The fonts for the "More" under GMAIL seem smaller. Also, the fonts in the "settings" for GMAIL seem smaller.

~Unknown Catergoy: There is now a graph for battery usage with some weird colored bars that mean something, but they overlap the text of what they are tryign to display.

anon(171363)

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that Pandora is streaming one song and then it stops working on both WI-FI and 3g. I wonder if they changed the Proxy again like they did in last the patch that broke the steaming.. Anyone having problems with Pandora ?

I am having the same problem with mine as well. It is getting quite frustrating.

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was using fresh rom with froyo before and Google music did not stream songs. I would have to wait for it to finish downloading. With the new update the songs appear to stream fine though. I'm assuming this has something to do with the famous streaming problem.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing the the rogue voicemail notification is coming back after reboot.

Also, when I double-tap a word in swype, I'm getting copy / paste dialogue instead of a word pick list. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm unable to find?

Confirmed. My phone just randomly restarted after I tried to access my contacts and when it came back up I got another rouge voicemail notification.

SierraJulietSierra

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Text for Phone contacts, internet, Cleaner smaller, Clearer. The Touch Keyboard is GB but it is still skinned with Sense, (You can copy and paste easier, with the little green tab. pull-stretch to highlight. Faster Response time when texting, dialer, and Scrolling apps. The HTC Clock now does the flip when displays. I have better cell service then i did before because i hardly had it at my house before. The update did sign me out of Amazon app store, and Kindle. New SIP calling, (would really like a rundown on how to use), New storage use menu and different animation on bottom of screen displaying use. Fast boot is amazing. On SD Card you have the option to just check which app to automatically move to SD Card, very handy. Running Processes more detailed and organized. :) Tele Nav GPS is unnecessary but w/e. Oh and another Gem is POCKET MODE!! lol Smart HTC. Love it so far no issues.

Tophersky

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
How many of you that are experiencing all the bugs/issues with GB, are running it on a rooted device? Is there any difference on devices that have never been rooted?

DerekHall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kindle App

Feature in the Kindle app taken away - can no longer long-press on a word to show the pop up, which allows you to look up a word in the dictionary.

Also, the text look different, and any images, when they previously had been centered, for example, are now left aligned...like the app interprets the text incorrectly.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Things I've noticed (non-rooted EVO):

- Mobiledefense no longer works, gives force close messages, they're not supporting it since it's just a beta so I need to find a new app.
- Internal memory went from 61mb free to 88 mb free after update
- Display using 88% of battery
- Application manager loads much faster since it doesn't seem to be calculating the memory of every app when you start it. Shows memory stats at the bottom.
- List of apps on SD card now show which ones CAN be moved to SD card and aren't.
- When restarting, non-HTC widgets now load much faster and don't have any that I have to reload manually.
- Sucks that we didn't get a new Sense.

For those people just now getting the Telenav update, you don't need to pay extra to get the commute alerts. Just go to the Online Maps, Find Your Location, and Driving Directions. web site and set them up.