[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
~Feature: Something cool, that may be new to GB is the "Pocket Mode" under sound settings. It increases the ring volume when phone is in pocket or a bag. Also, "Flip for Speaker" seems new, too!

~Feature: When selecting your input method, there is a box that pops up (more like an app icon) than just the box that poppep up previously

~Bug: My clock is stuck on 11:36AM (but will immediately change to the correc ttime) on the home screen widget. Ironically, 11:36AM is when I initialted the download.

~Bug: I have the screen drain battery issue.

~Unknown Category: The fonts for the "More" under GMAIL seem smaller. Also, the fonts in the "settings" for GMAIL seem smaller.

~Unknown Catergoy: There is now a graph for battery usage with some weird colored bars that mean something, but they overlap the text of what they are tryign to display.

The battery percentage is just that...percentage. the rest of the phone is using LESS power, so the screen is using the most out of what is being used. e.g. It is using 80% of all the power being used...not 80% of the battery. Which, it will...It's a 4.3" screen!

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Little things I've noticed:

-New icons in notification bar so far for Gmail and App Update available and completed
-3G icon looks different but might just be me
-New transitions when exiting apps
-Download app
-Browser changes - address bar different
-Hold down power button has different options now

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
i noticed two things. first is AIM doesnt log in. did a reset and still no. just goes to signing in and stays there. also when loadin browser it goes to sprints homepage and not the powerdeck or what ever it is called.

CagedReality

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this?

After the update, my phone went to the default HTC scene, and didn't save my customized scene.

Also, the launcher bar is now stuck on the right side of the screen instead of the bottom, as if the home screen is in landscape mode. It also covers any icons or shortcuts on the right most side, and the phone button does not work.

Before you ask, no, my phone is not rooted.

edit: The update also seems to have broken visual voicemail as well.

cdknight

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Stocks widget has been updated. The $ change value was not readable because the percent change would wrap to the next line. The $ change value is now readable.

rhettNova

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the 3G icon in the notification bar is a different font ( I think) and the notification for a completed market download has a different icon too! Small changes I know but changes nonetheless!

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Unusable EVO now

Can't use my EVO after the update. It now won't accept my screen lock password. I have tried removing the battery, There doesn't seem to be a work around. I did notice that it isn't bringing up Bigbuttons keyboard, but rather (I guess) the default keyboard. Perhaps that is the problem, since I entered the password originally with bigbuttons?:(

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have a goofy behavior in the browser address bar when you start typing something, it suggests a bunch of US, Chinese, Russian, etc. websites? I don't remember the previous one doing that, but maybe my recent history was pushing those down the stack. I'd love to clear that little database of crap site suggestions if possible. Anyone know how?

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
after i powered off and on i am noticing the clock widget "bug" (says ~1 hour before actual time and quickly flips to the current time). this just looks like a way to animate the flips every time you see the widget

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
after i powered off and on i am noticing the clock widget "bug" (says ~1 hour before actual time and quickly flips to the current time). this just looks like a way to animate the flips every time you see the widget

i made comment of this too in another thread. it's very distracting.

does it start us off in overland park, ks time (CDT) at every unlock?

no good.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the the rogue voicemail notification is coming back after reboot.

Also, when I double-tap a word in swype, I'm getting copy / paste dialogue instead of a word pick list. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm unable to find?

That is what happens with the new GB text field selection. Now that there are the sliders for the selection, you have to manually go to the Swype button to bring the pick-list back. I discovered this when I started running CM7.

Netflix seems broken with the EVO Gingerbread update... it no longer plays any content... FYI.

Doug
That is strange, I use Netflix on my EVO running CyanogenMod 7.0.3.1 (which is Ginger Bread).

Does anyone know if z4root will still work after the update? I still haven't received mine yet.
According to what I have read so far z4root will no longer work after the Ginger Bread update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy