[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my home page wont stick in the browser!! It keeps reseting to the sprint pcs home page even when I manually change it... has anyone else experienced this?

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So many people are getting confused by this. Your display isn't using any more power than it was before. Before it only displayed percentages for the amount of battery that was alright used up. So a bunch of things were around 5% each, and these added up to the total percentage of the battery charge that had been used. 60% or some large number was the amount of battery remaining (but wasn't displayed under battery).

Now they account for the entire battery, so the numbers add up to 100%. As you use more things, these percentages will fluctuate. They don't separate the used battery charge from the remaining battery charge to calculate their percentages.

Before: "Of the 30% of your charge you've used, 4% was used by the display". Now: "Your display is using 80% of the power that is being consumed right now."

already been said...oh, by me...they aint gonna' listen ;)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use ADW EX and I can't get it to stay as the default launcher. Every time I hit the home button it goes back to the sense launcher. Its so frustrating! Any ideas? or is this just a bug?

Try using Home Manager from the market. I had the same problem with Go launcher. GO says to use this app if you can't get your launcher to " stick" ad your home launcher. Worked for me.

Reactions: IronEddie

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Pass

At this point I'll pass. Wait for the next GB update then put it on. Seems this was to buggy yet, bummer. Besides it's a PITA to do it rooted to. I like my netflix and all. Good luck all.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if anyone mentioned the text exiting in gmail now works like it does in the rest of OS. No more having to hit menu>more>edit just long press to highlight text and copy.

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
swype

Does anyone know if they updated Swype to a newer version that doesn't have the constant pop up

nope, still the annoying out-of-date version with constant hidden word popups. AND now the new Select/Copy feature of Gingerbread covers up your word choice window when you go to edit a wrong word. great collaboration for a phone that "came" with Swype preinstalled.

my post GB update Swype version is listed as 2.50.72.20895.20925

Liberty Rebellion

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed since the upgrade Pandora doesn't work. It at first played one song, then I created a new station. Took about two minutes for the song to start and then it went to play another song but it took so long I decided to go back and pick a station that I had already created. Instead of playing songs, it would say Loading with the album, song info in the background. It won't play the songs, but it cycles through them as I can see the album/song info changing in the background.

My biggest problem so far has been texting. My text was smooth and flawless before. Now it will take several seconds for the characters I entered to show up on the screen. SUPER ANNOYING!

Hope they have a fix out soon!

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
At this point I'll pass. Wait for the next GB update then put it on. Seems this was to buggy yet, bummer. Besides it's a PITA to do it rooted to. I like my netflix and all. Good luck all.

Personally I think most of the issues come from user error. I have had 0 issues, Netflix is that companies issue. They tweeted they were aware and working on a fix to make it compatible. I have also read a couple posts mentioned your paying $10 for 4G. Make sure you do some research, that charge is NOT for 4G. It's for premium data and gives us the unlimited data cap that no other carrier offers now.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed since the upgrade Pandora doesn't work. It at first played one song, then I created a new station. Took about two minutes for the song to start and then it went to play another song but it took so long I decided to go back and pick a station that I had already created. Instead of playing songs, it would say Loading with the album, song info in the background. It won't play the songs, but it cycles through them as I can see the album/song info changing in the background.

My biggest problem so far has been texting. My text was smooth and flawless before. Now it will take several seconds for the characters I entered to show up on the screen. SUPER ANNOYING!

Hope they have a fix out soon!

Not suffering those issues your mentioning with SMS. To everybody in the post, it's been mentioned hundreds of times by the AC crew. Always remember that when updating to a new OS version, it's always best to wipe your phone clean and start fresh. Cause when upgrading, there can be incompatibilities with applications and the system is trying to relearn the way battery and memory is managed. Even other bugs can be caused because of the system incompatibilities from one version to another. So again try a clean wipe of the phone after updating, then see if the issues still happen.

Reactions: bobodobo

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have a problem... when I record video, as soon as I stop recording, the video app crashes. The first 3 times this happened, the video got recorded and saved, but now, nothing. Even after deleting those 3 videos, new videos don't get saved. I've tried changing every video setting including switching resolutions, which camera, exposure and focus modes, etc. - same result. And of course I tried restarting the phone - no joy. It seems that the process of saving the video causes the crash. Any suggestions?

Edit:
Always remember that when updating to a new OS version, it's always best to wipe your phone clean and start fresh. Cause when upgrading, there can be incompatibilities with applications and the system is trying to relearn the way battery and memory is managed. Even other bugs can be caused because of the system incompatibilities from one version to another. So again try a clean wipe of the phone after updating, then see if the issues still happen.

Yep well that fixed the problem, I should have read your post before writing mine.

Last edited:

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just personal choice. Anyway, anyone know of a quick way to uninstall 2.3?

Pretty sure you have to root and install a custom ROM at this point. Factory reset will still take you back to a clean 2.3 state, so no going back through that route. Maybe someone else can answer this question better, but that's what I've heard on this forum.

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with the new update, some of my icons reverted back to the generic android icon. It happens only with icons that are in folders. I removed the icons in the folder and added them again, it worked until I rebooted.

I also unmounted and mounted by sd card, and same issue.

lolibater

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
i just had a new issue occur. i had my phone off, and received a text message. i got the handcent popup when i turned my phone on, but everything was blacked out other than the text of the message and the name of the recipient. this is after the handcent update as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae