New SMS Bug in Gingerbread EVO? *SOLVED*

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
after the Gingerbread update- my EVO does a super-QUICK timeout in text app when you are trying to input a name! TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!! this is no good - list of names disappears quick! was this to be the "SMS bug" fix?

i'm having a difficult time inputting a recipient name in the SMS "Messages" app now!

can someone else please test this?

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
try it a few times. i have 2,000+ contacts but never had a problem before. in the SMS app when you slowly type in a NAME and it brings up all matching names - it will bring them up but as you try to scroll down to other names the dialog box of names times out in about 5 seconds or less.

Messages--->New Message--->To (start typing a contact name) i then get a timeout in about 3-5 seconds. no time to scroll down to the desired name!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
my bad - i found the problem. i have the Beta "Texter" aka "Texty" installed. (GREAT App BTW).

http://textyapp.com/

this appears to be the cause of problem. however, a quick unlink/link of the phone in the app settings has FIXED it.

so if anyone else has this problem and is using Texter/Texty - there's your fix.

thanks to all who checked on this for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar