Driving me insane, I've rebooted 2 times and still no bueno
    06-03-2011 09:45 AM
    Same for me. I also tried calling and leaving a voicemail from another phone to see if it would clear it away and it didn't. Total lame sauce.
    06-03-2011 09:49 AM
    Settings....call settings....clear voicemail icon....done.
    Kamen, tbizzy1985 and rkitekt like this.
    06-03-2011 09:50 AM
    yeah probably a network thing more so than GB. ironically, i had a similiar problem early this morning pre-GB update.
    06-03-2011 09:52 AM
    Thanks!
    06-03-2011 10:18 AM
    Only took care of it for a bit... seems to come back every time the phone switches towers, or switches to Air Rave... roaming... every time a "New Voicemail (2)" keeps coming up until I manually clear it again.

I noticed this on the leaked version and was hoping it would be fixed on the official... unrooted, installed today because I'm getting the 3D when it comes out.
    timely likes this.
    06-03-2011 04:55 PM
    Ditto for me. I clear the notification, but it comes back. It's doing it several times a day and is giving me an audio alert every time it comes back. It's making me crazy.
    06-07-2011 10:31 AM
    Anyone figure out how to clear them yet?
    06-07-2011 08:43 PM
    I am having the same issue. I keep clearing the VM notification, but it keeps reappearing. I have also tried dropping the battery, but it came right back when the phone rebooted. I hope this gets fixed soon because it is extremely annoying.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
    06-08-2011 12:22 PM
    My EVO updated last night over night and am having the same problem today. Very frustrating as I can only make the notification go away temporarily.
    06-09-2011 03:32 PM
    I also have this issue, and can confirm that once cleared (home > settings > call > clear...), the notification comes back a bit later.

In conjunction with this issue I also had a weird camera issue (the picture, regardless of settings, manifested as a purple solarized image).

I took the phone into the store here in Overland Park today over lunch, and they told me that for the voice mail notification alone, they would need to reflash the phone. They were backed-up by about 3 hours, so I had to leave the phone with them and don't have it back yet.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Footnote:

On Friday, a few hours after taking the Gingerbread update, the camera went wonky. I hard-reset the phone, and it was fine until Sunday, when the issue recurred. I hard-reset again on Monday, and again camera was fine until yesterday (Wednesday). Very frustrating.

Note that the rogue voicemail notification survived both hard-resets.
    06-09-2011 04:05 PM
    Good lord, you guys to? The damn thing won't leave no matter what I do. It's so annoying and it won't stop regardless what I do.
    06-09-2011 06:55 PM
    First, the camera issue turned out to be hardware; they replaced my camera.

Secondly, the voicemail notification is popping up because the phone's record at the SDHLR has a voicemail flag set to "Yes" and the EVO can't clear it correctly. You'll need to call technical support and work your way up through the ranks until you can get somebody who can open a ticket to have the flag cleared.
    06-09-2011 07:36 PM
    I fixed my problem by doing a hard reset. Sux I know, but it worked.
    06-09-2011 08:15 PM
    I had done a hard reset as well, and it did not clear the issue for me. I had to call sprint and work my way up thru the chain, and open a ticket. I did this yesterday, had a few phantom notifications this morning, but none for the last 5-8 hours. Just rebooted the phone and still no phantom notification yay! /crossesfingers
    06-09-2011 09:21 PM
    Sorry kids there is no fix for this, it was an issue plaguing custom roms until it was built in to them to ignore the message_waiting notification from the towers (which the EVO doesn't even use). The problem is a voicemail stuck in the legacy voicemail system (the one you call into to listen to your voicemail not the smartphone version that uses SMS notifications).

Some people with old Sprint non-smart phones reactivated their old phones, cleared the old voicemail, then reactivated their Evos and that fixed it. I have no idea how they avoided the fees for this.

It needs to be fixed with an update, or sprint needs to clear out the old VM system. I can't believe that Sprint let this slip through, it was a known issue in the Beta GB build.
    06-10-2011 09:23 AM
    Same problem here. As soon as I installed Gingerbread on a non rooted Evo 4G phone I got a voice mail notification to call my own number. I have cleared it several times only to find that it comes back again when:
    1. I restart the phone.
    2. Shut down the phone and restart later.

My spouse has the same phone with the same update and it does not do this. I can't think of what software is different between the two phones or what settings that are different, but something keeps sending my phone a voice mail notification with one voice mail from my number and no message.
    Clearing it in settings is only a temporary fix.

Does anyone have an answer?
    06-11-2011 12:38 AM
    Try using google voice guys, worth a shot
    06-11-2011 02:21 AM
    Agree with the above post. It's not a fix to your current dilemma but I highly recommend Google Voice. Not only will you not have to worry about the stock vm anymore but you can access your vm from any computer. Best of all it's free. Even better you can personalize specific greetings for specific numbers. It's a great alternative to your regular vm. Plus you don't have to call in to receive you vm's you can get them from your Google Voice app.

Dropped from my Galaxy Tab with a little tiger blood
    06-11-2011 08:36 AM
    I tried all of these fixes and all have failed. So far this is what has worked for me....

Settings> Call > Voicemail Settings > Delete your phone number.
    06-27-2011 02:35 PM
    This sucks does this mean its not fixable??!!??
    11-27-2012 08:58 AM
    CURE: Pull battery, pull SIM card, replace battery, reboot.
    Pull battery again, replace SIM card, replace battery, reboot.
    CURED!
    07-01-2013 02:59 AM
    07-01-2013 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD