Updating Problem

berk

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have trouble updating my Evo, I have only ever had it rooted using Z4 temporarly to use bloat freezer. Now I can download and its starts the process but then I get red triangle action. I have deleted bloat freezer, Z4, factory reset, reloaded Z4 rooted and unrooted with it and I am just constantly getting stuck. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try. Thanks

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
it is stated MANY times on this forum.....

IF YOU ARE ROOTED, DO NOT UPDATE VIA THE OTA!!!!!

also, use the search function....there are other people with similar problems and they keep getting the same respone (see above :p )

sorry if i sound like an a$$ but it gets annoying seeing multiple threads with the same problem

P.S. read this PSA that igotsanevo4g wrote

berk

May 13, 2010
Visit site
hey buddy...ease up, I'm not rooted and I can read and use the search function, I have temporaly rooted previously using the Z4mod...i am not rooted now, hence me asking the question, I am having a problem that others are not, the point of using Z4 and bloat freezer is to be able to unroot and get OTA updates.

mrpre5

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
It's because of bloat freezer. You need to put the bloatware back on and get rid of bloat freezer, I think. I read this earlier where someone was having a similar issue.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would flush your phone using the RUU method. That way you'll be back to stock so the update will see things like it expects. Check the rooting forum on here and it's one of the sticky topics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12