Evo 2.3 Quadrant score less than 2.2

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So I ran 2 stock Evos. One running 2.2 and one running the new gingerbread update 2.3.3
I ran the quadrant test and the 2.2 scored 1023. The second evo running 2.3.3 scored 836. What gives. Why is it so low if anything shouldn't it be higher than froyo. Anyone know why this is. Also please post you quadrant scores for gingerbread here please.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just ran a couple of benchies for ya on mine. First round was 960, second round was 1120. I must say, I am thoroughly impressed by the update, my phone feels like a different device.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
i think its sad you guys are still using quadrant, :confused: you should go by how the phone actually feels, Real world usage beats computer calculations anyday of the week i dont need an app to tell me that gingerbread Evo is smooter & Better then froYo, ecliar or my friends vibrant

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
i think its sad you guys are still using quadrant, :confused: you should go by how the phone actually feels, Real world usage beats computer calculations anyday of the week i dont need an app to tell me that gingerbread Evo is smooter & Better then froYo, ecliar or my friends vibrant

+1. I put the rooted update on my dads EVO and we both noticed the performance increase.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just ran a couple of benchies for ya on mine. First round was 960, second round was 1120. I must say, I am thoroughly impressed by the update, my phone feels like a different device.

But why would my benchmark be so low. Is there something wrong with my phone.

jprins68

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
But why would my benchmark be so low. Is there something wrong with my phone.

I totally agree with PhyscoAssassinX, just care about how the device performs rather than worrying about scores. I was obsessively checking Quadrant when flashing new versions of CM7 and SavageZen Mod and would get frustrated when even though the ROM seems super smooth, the scores were not any better (and sometimes worse).

Also, keep in mind that the scores can be quirky and can even be cheated. I take less stock in something that can be tricked into telling me what I want compared to how the device feels.

Check out Jerry's post here for more: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-cheat-android-benchmarks

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Mine shows 1024 (two places behind the Evo 2.2+). My phone feels more fluid, apps open...close...and seem to operate smoother. Battery life is a (little) better, using a few days of averages from Battery Monitor Pro. Oddly, the re-boot that plagued Evos when under stress hasn't been happeing either. Before, I would have a few things going on at the same time (hard core things like music/GPS/etc) and a heat trigger (I assume) would just kick it in its little Evo ass and reset.

No such problems since GB. Related? Beats me, but this is the first time in probably 20 years I haven't been champing at the bit for the next new thing. 3D? Nope. I signed up to win one today, though and if I get it, that'd be cool. But I'mnot buying one when this phone is this good!

bj

Stock
3500 Seidio battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca