I find myself sitting here today feeling very conflicted. In a matter of a couple of weeks the Evo 3D will be upon us and I must bid ado to the phone that started it all for me. I hate to put this phone out to pasture per say but at the same time I can't wait to get my hands on some dual core 3D action. I've had blackberrys, palm, and Windows phones but nothing compared to the raw power and capabilities of my evo. Each had their own strengths and weaknesses but the Evo stands tall and while we all have our own little complaints there is simply no denyi ng that through it all this is definitely one of the best phones ever. Even today in this dual core age the Evo stands triumphant. So it is with a heavy heart I bid you farewell Evo 4G you have served me well. It is my sincere hope that you find your way to a loving caring home that will take good care of you. On a brighter note lookout Evo 3D here I come see ya June 24th bright and early. Oh yeah and how awesome is your phone when target mobile is going to give you 150 to upgrade to the 3D ? Just saying. LoL. Once again fair weather and following seas my dear friend stEVO 4G. Dude you do rock!
    06-10-2011 09:36 AM
    You bring tears to my eyes cause there's never a right time to say good bye lol
    06-10-2011 10:18 AM
    Truer words were never spoken. Lol.
    06-10-2011 10:20 AM
    why trade in your old EVO for peanuts? why not keep it as a backup device? or at minimum sell it on Craigslist or eBay for a lot more than the retailers are giving you on trade in?

personally i'm keeping my old EVO and not upgrading to the 3D. it's not worth me burning my upgrade on. i'm waiting for the Sprint "Superphone" with a 4.5"+ display. hopefully, it will be an HTC.

good luck all!
    prezmater likes this.
    06-10-2011 10:26 AM
    I'll probably end up keeping mine as well but I do like having that option. As far as burning an upgrade I'm gold status baby I'm not worried about that. Surprisingly I posted my otterbox kept Evo with otterbox and all the stuff that came with it new plus 3500mah battery and battery door. The phone is immaculate. Tried to get 200 for it with amazingly no luck.
    06-10-2011 10:33 AM
    I'll probably end up keeping mine as well but I do like having that option. As far as burning an upgrade I'm gold status baby I'm not worried about that. Surprisingly I posted my otterbox kept Evo with otterbox and all the stuff that came with it new plus 3500mah battery and battery door. The phone is immaculate. Tried to get 200 for it with amazingly no luck.
    wow $200 for an immaculate EVO with accessories and no takers? that's surprising. i'm Premier Silver - if i was Gold i'd probably upgrade. but the last thing i want to do is burn my upgrade for an incrementally better device IMO and then have to wait through the next 22 months which we will probably see a blistering cavalcade of new Android technology and devices hit the market. i expect 4.5"+ displays to be the norm. and i don't want to be left out.
    06-10-2011 10:43 AM
    That's unfortunate to hear that an EVO in such good condition wouldn't get $200 with a case. I would think there would be people that want it and don't have an upgrade available or who broke their phone and didn't have insurance on it.

I've been on the fence about keeping my EVO or trading it in when I upgrade to the 3D (I'm also a gold member)

06-10-2011 10:55 AM
    I will be keeping my Evo when/if I upgrade to a 3VO. I'll keep it forever actually. It will be fun to pull it out 20 years from now and show people what the first great smartphone was like. If you think about it, 20 years ago we didn't have email, GPS was a huge Loran device the military first used in Desert Storm that only gave Lat/Long that had to be converted mathematically to a grid, and gas was $1.00 a gallon which had people upset. I still have my HP 486DX computer and a Pentium 100 with 4MB of RAM and a 1GB Hard Drive that was bleeding edge in 1995.
    06-10-2011 12:05 PM
    Yeah that would be cool. I can only imagine what mobile tech will be like 20 years from now. Oh yeah don't remember much about my first pc other than it was a Packard Bell and it cost 3 or 4k. Had like a 10 k baud modem for which I used to get on aol 2.0 I think it was.
    06-10-2011 01:51 PM
    Sell it on Swappa. People are offering $250-$300 unrooted or rooted.
    06-10-2011 02:02 PM
    I'm upgrading to the 3D, but will be keeping my EVO as a backup. I don't buy Sprint insurance, so my EVO will be my fallback if an elephant steps on my 3D, or something less humorous but more likely happens to the new phone.
    06-10-2011 11:27 PM
    I am opening a 3rd line so I can get the 3d, giving my evo to my wife, and in September when my upgrade on my gold line would be available in I'm getting the evo shift for my son
    06-11-2011 08:13 AM
    What is the difference between the 4g and 3d?
    06-11-2011 10:45 AM
    The 3d has the bigger GB's and the Blue Tooths.
    ericj09 likes this.
    06-11-2011 11:35 AM
    I don't care
    06-11-2011 12:37 PM
    I will be getting the HTC EVO 3D. I love the original EVO is I will hold it as a backup. The EVO lineup is so awesome and great. Differently happy with what the EVO 4G gave me.
    06-11-2011 01:49 PM
    I don't care
    I'm glad somebody got that and didn't take it literal...lol
    06-12-2011 02:27 AM
    RMH, I still laugh my a$$ off thinking about that, been over a year and it's still funny as hell.
    06-12-2011 12:51 PM
    Even though I will not be upgrading to a Evo3D.

I know the day will come, when I will have to let my Evo 4G
    lay to rest.

I will not however, trade or throw her away. I will keep her enshrined
    in my safe. For it was The Evo 4G who took my Android Virginity.The one who opened my
    eyes to what was to become of our evolution(such an appropriate name) in Cell phones.

One day maybe 20 years from that time. I will try to boot her up just reminisce
    on how it was all started...
    06-12-2011 02:21 PM
    HTC EVO 4G vs HTC EVO 3D revisited
    06-12-2011 02:25 PM
    Im currently on the fence... I really want to try the samsung galexy s II but then again I dont like touchwiz and I think the lockscreen on the evo 2d could prove to be very usefull.. But the 150.00 at target is actually a great deal.. The value of a evo will go down dramatically once the evo 3d comes out because everyone will be getting rid of the evo 4g.. 150 is about right!
    06-13-2011 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD