Who Is Getting the EVO vs Nexus One,Incredible Or iPhone 4G ?

Who is Getting the Evo or ?????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
HI Guys

I just want to know who is going to be getting the EVO, Incredible, Nexus One, Or the iPhone 4G?

I be getting the EVO :)

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
It all depends.

If the N1 or even the HTC Incredible show up within the next week or two or three, I might go for one of those. If they wait until May, I'm going to just hold out until the Evo comes out. What's not to like about that 4G phone?

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll almost certainly get the Evo, and voted accordingly...but the scientist in me needs to point out that a poll conducted in the Evo subforum is unlikely to offer anything even remotely like an unbiased sample of users. Most people reading this subforum are here because they are at least considering buying an Evo.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I want to see the size of the EVO - I played with the HD2 and it seems a bit unwieldy. I also am considering the Nexus One, but it needs to be added to a family plan (which is doubtful).

If neither of those pans out, I may grab the Legend if it comes to Sprint.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Hands down the EVO, unless the iPhone comes out in a CDMA flavor and adds all the features it's missing to make it an Android contender.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You what be funny, if all the hype about iPhone coming to VZW and Apple surprises everyone and makes the new iPhone 4G for the NOW NETWORK, Sprint 4G. this will make sense since iPhone 4G for new Sprint 4G. That be cool, but i still get the EVO.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You what be funny, if all the hype about iPhone coming to VZW and Apple surprises everyone and makes the new iPhone 4G for the NOW NETWORK, Sprint 4G. this will make sense since iPhone 4G for new Sprint 4G. That be cool, but i still get the EVO.

Huh? Thats not what 4G means. The 4th Gen Iphone will not be 4G compatible. VZW and ATT are using LTE for 4G of which 0 markets have been announced. T-Mobile is relying on HDSPA+ to cover them for some time and Sprint is the only major carrier with WiMax and only one currently released to the consumer. In no way would the iPhone, even a CDMA flavor come out with WiMax support. If it did, it would either be released late 2010 (unlikely) or they are going to have to push the Evo release date before June when Apple is likely to announce this craptastic device to go along with the iPad.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I will definitely be considering the Evo, but as an early adopter of the Pre, I really want to see what Palm is going to come up with. I also want to see what else is coming along. With Sprint starting to push 4G, there are sure to be several more new devices coming along. If something else is coming along with similar specs to the Evo and a physical keyboard, I may go that route.

russellpr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My vote is for Evo. But as @dwhitman points out, this is the Evo forum...so would you expect anything else? But it's good entertainment...after all, who doesn't like to look at the results.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I think the real point of the thread was to elicit comments on why people would choose the Evo over the other options.

I'd be open to getting the N1, since it's not saddled with Sense, but the Wimax, native tethering, and screen size of the Evo are a bigger draw. Eventually Cyanogen will have a Senseless ROM for the Evo, and as long as I can turn off the home screen in the interim, I'll live. I'm not on Verizon, so the Incredible is out of the running, and I've never been interested in the iPhone's walled garden. I prefer prosumer platforms like Android or WM (not WP7).

russellpr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd be open to getting the N1, since it's not saddled with Sense, but the Wimax, native tethering, and screen size of the Evo are a bigger draw. Eventually Cyanogen will have a Senseless ROM for the Evo, and as long as I can turn off the home screen.....

I'm not currently an Android user (webOS), so what is it about the Sense UI that doesn't appeal to you? Many commenters around the forums seem to prefer Sense, so I'm interested to hear the pros and cons...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not currently an Android user (webOS), so what is it about the Sense UI that doesn't appeal to you? Many commenters around the forums seem to prefer Sense, so I'm interested to hear the pros and cons...

Personally, I love Sense, but the biggest complaint is that they take longer to get updates.... Which is total garbage. If that were true, then why hasn't the G1 or MyTouch3g been upgraded to 2.1 (G1, i can kinda understand, but I've seen it run 2.1 with Sense)? Sense also integrates itself into the OS greatly, to the point where you could never really get rid of it. However, if your complaint is being able to run themes, I've been able to run themes and live wallpapers on my 2.1 Sprint Hero.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

I think the ones who do not like sense thinks/feel it bogs down the device, slowing it down.

The newest version of sense looks awesome and may eventually put that on my n1.

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the real point of the thread was to elicit comments on why people would choose the Evo over the other options.

I'd be open to getting the N1, since it's not saddled with Sense, but the Wimax, native tethering, and screen size of the Evo are a bigger draw. Eventually Cyanogen will have a Senseless ROM for the Evo, and as long as I can turn off the home screen in the interim, I'll live. I'm not on Verizon, so the Incredible is out of the running, and I've never been interested in the iPhone's walled garden. I prefer prosumer platforms like Android or WM (not WP7).

I would be getting the EVO because it's shinny! Seriously, though it is a beautiful phone; the specs look great the form factor looks dead on what's not to like! I was a recent Web OS user and just traded in my pre for a hero and I love it. I just hope my experience is that much better on a 2.1 Android OS than 1.5. I feel 1.5 is lacking a bit.

The 4.3" screen and kickstand is a unique feature I'm also looking forward too. We travel west and stay in cabins and there is no TV there; however how nice would the huge screen be on a table next to you while you watch a movie or two! EVO... FTW!

Lastly, I will say I do miss how lively the precentral.net camp was... I don't see much of that on these forums... I wonder why... am I just on the wrong forum... I'm as green behind the ear as anyone new to Android so please if you could, point me in the right direction, thanks guys!

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
rufflez thats not what i meant, I meant from PR stand point it be a good thing, thats all what i am saying. I am sure Apple is making its own decision on where to go LTE or WiMax. It be funny cause VZW is making big deal with Apple but Apple has yet to say something in return to VZW, it be funny if Apple surprises everyone and says iPhone 4G for Sprint 4G. Thats all, makes sense from PR stand point, if this going to happen I dont think so, but nice to think about.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
rufflez thats not what i meant, I meant from PR stand point it be a good thing, thats all what i am saying. I am sure Apple is making its own decision on where to go LTE or WiMax. It be funny cause VZW is making big deal with Apple but Apple has yet to say something in return to VZW, it be funny if Apple surprises everyone and says iPhone 4G for Sprint 4G. Thats all, makes sense from PR stand point, if this going to happen I dont think so, but nice to think about.

Since nothing has come across the FCC with a CDMA band on it, I don't think we will see a Sprint or VZW iphone in the first 3Q of 2010. Apple is hush hush, but there are something things they can't keep a secret legally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37