Who Is Getting the EVO vs Nexus One,Incredible Or iPhone 4G ?

Who is Getting the Evo or ?????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not currently an Android user (webOS), so what is it about the Sense UI that doesn't appeal to you? Many commenters around the forums seem to prefer Sense, so I'm interested to hear the pros and cons...
Right now I'm on a WM device, waiting for the N1 or the Evo (probably the latter, as mentioned), so I can't address Sense on Android from experience, but on WM, I find it cheesy, bloated and unnecessary. I'd rather use an OS a la carte rather than deal with a proprietary overlay.

That said, as far as custom UIs go, you could do a lot worse than Sense. I'm not completely against it. I just wish that HTC allowed it to be disabled in the user settings rather than requiring users to replace the ROM. It's inconvenient, but not fatal.

russellpr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your opinions on Sense. The overlay does look pretty slick, as long as it doesn't noticeably drag on the OS. I can see where you'd want at least the ability to turn it off... After all, some of us will like to run (Android) naked... :eek:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm on a WM device, waiting for the N1 or the Evo (probably the latter, as mentioned), so I can't address Sense on Android from experience, but on WM, I find it cheesy, bloated and unnecessary. I'd rather use an OS a la carte rather than deal with a proprietary overlay.

That said, as far as custom UIs go, you could do a lot worse than Sense. I'm not completely against it. I just wish that HTC allowed it to be disabled in the user settings rather than requiring users to replace the ROM. It's inconvenient, but not fatal.

You can shut it off and run either home or another home replacement if you'd like.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
...this is the Evo forum...so would you expect anything else?

So odd that in the EVO forum, the EVO wins....
Not really...unless I'm mistaken this first an Android forum and we're just in the Evo sub-forum...

Anyway...doesn't matter. Here's the deal with me right now...

The longer Verizon waits to release the N1 or the Incredible, the more I'm leaning toward waiting another 8 weeks or so for the Evo. Heck, I've been waiting since what, January (?) for the N1 on Verizon so what's another few weeks for the hottest phone on the planet?

In the meantime, I'll just keep on using my Pay As You Go phone until June 13.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i really want the evo but really dont want to switch back to sprint to get it my reception wasnt that great plus etf is just to high with verizon if i could hack it to run on verizons network id be all over it

aliahlewis

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
If I have to select any one from these choices then witout a second thought I will go for iPhone 4G. I think that's the best among all four listed above. :)

ziaodix

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I've become accustomed to the HTC Sense UI with all it's nice widgets(which tend to be full screen, which in turn explains the added 4 screens to the stock 3 on standard Android OS), but I'd really love to have the Official Google Phone designed by Google.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I played with my sister's n1 she got yesterday... I'm sorry, I don't like the AMOLED. I think it was a smart move to use TFT. The colors just don't look right. I'll definitely without a doubt get the EVO over N1

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
EVO..... also it is not iPhone 4g.... nothing going on in ATT with 4g till EOY 2011. Don't kid yourself into thinking you will find the iPhone on Sprint either. :)

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely getting the EVO, which is great because I'm already a Sprint Premier customer. It's about time that HTC is finally starting to put more on-board storage on their phones, like the EVO getting 1GB now, but what would have really put this phone over the top is if HTC would have put 8GBs in it like they did in the Incredible. That's the only thing I'm a little disappointed in with the EVO.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I was an N1 hold out...but with the nit-picky issues(which are important to me) with the Nexus One and now the Verizon debacle. I'm just going to stay on Sprint and hope that's not a full two months before being able to get the EVO 4G.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll get the evo for sure even thou i still have my doubts about htc sence and being left behind by them after a new OS update comes out for androide, as far as i know htc will not agree to have the sense turn off since that goes against they marketing strategy but will see...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll get the evo for sure even thou i still have my doubts about htc sence and being left behind by them after a new OS update comes out for androide, as far as i know htc will not agree to have the sense turn off since that goes against they marketing strategy but will see...

Doesn't seem to matter actually. The Moment is running Vanilla and still hasn't been updated and the Moto Droid took forever, too. I think its more of an issue with Carriers requiring prior approval, while the N1 doesn't cause it wasn't really sold through a carrier.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem to matter actually. The Moment is running Vanilla and still hasn't been updated and the Moto Droid took forever, too. I think its more of an issue with Carriers requiring prior approval, while the N1 doesn't cause it wasn't really sold through a carrier.

The HTC hero user are still suffering the concecuences of that issue ..they are still runing 1.5!!! or 1.6 not sure but still cmon from whoever is coming the issue is a prove that they dont really care about their users or customers, on that side google keeps everybody happy and their users are the first priority.

davidswank

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
EVO 4G without a doubt, I have not found anything that he EVO is missing to suit my needs. The UI sense was the clincher for me. Plus its on sprint, two for two.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The HTC hero user are still suffering the concecuences of that issue ..they are still runing 1.5!!! or 1.6 not sure but still cmon from whoever is coming the issue is a prove that they dont really care about their users or customers, on that side google keeps everybody happy and their users are the first priority.

I have a hero. I've been running 2.1 for a month now. What is the hold up? Carrier, not HTC. The moto droid and moment run vanilla and the droid took like 3 months, and the moment still doesn't have it. Its a carrier hold up, not a manufacturer hold up. Motorola was ready to release it months ago, but VZW said, whoa, wait a minute, we gotta test this.