any easy way to migrate contact linking from Sense to AOSP / TouchWiz?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
hi all,

Been using 4G with sense / launcherpro for a year, and i like the fact that my multiple contacts from the same user is all linked.

however, when I flash to AOSP / CM7, my linking all goes away. Coz apparantly the linking is a sense thing.

I do know that AOSP also have linking. I am wondering if there's any easy way to migrate that over?

also.. I am debating whether to go to samsung galaxy s2, or stay with Sense and go EVO3D. And the only thing making me think twice is contact linking. I don't wanna redo everything again.

Anyone?

thanks

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You could try using a 3rd party dialer from the market. Something like Dialer1 or GoContacts, they might do the linking automatically.

AOSP roms are for the most part bare minimal kinds of roms. That's what keeps them so small, not alot of bells and whistles.

But even with using a 3rd party dialer app you most likely will have to relink your contacts. HTC likes to keep there stuff(Sense) all locked up.

One other question for you... what's the "TouchWiz" about in your title??? Isn't that the Motorola launcher??? You didn't mention any device that's a Motorola device in your post. Just HTC & Samsung.

Sent From The Tree House Out Back!

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
touchwiz is the samsung OS skin.. like sense for HTC

i am thinking samsung s2 or HTC evo3D, hence I asked about touchwiz

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
moto blur= Motorola. Touchwiz = Samsung and Sense is HTC.

LG also has a skin but its very AOSP-ish.

What do you mean by contact linking?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
like when you have multiple contacts that's actually the same person.. sense link them together.. along with their facebook accounts and all that stuff..

it's stored in a proprietary format in your google contacts, in the notes section, in some kind of xml tags.

I am curious if there's an easy way to replicate that if i ever go to samsung s2 or aosp, so i don't have to redo all the linking again.

thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze