Gingerbread Fixes -Maintenance Release

bcappell

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with HTC Support re the death of 802.11n on my Evo They said a maintenance
release for "Gingerbread Fixes" will be pushed within 24 - 48 hours. When asked what fixes the rep said he had no idea. Keep your fingers crossed!

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn it i'm getting sick of updates because that means i'll have to update like 15 peoples evo that I have rooted for them.

cutlassracer

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well after a hard reset my phone gets worse everyday. Hopefully the update fixes all that was broken. If not, rooting community here I come. Was worried about breaking my phone if I was to root it. Since Sprint was nice enough to break it for me I guess I don't have to worry about that any longer.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Well after a hard reset my phone gets worse everyday. Hopefully the update fixes all that was broken. If not, rooting community here I come. Was worried about breaking my phone if I was to root it. Since Sprint was nice enough to break it for me I guess I don't have to worry about that any longer.

I'm rooted and flashed the OTA rooted version, and I had some big problems at first. Sense kept rebooting after I'd close an app, which was totally annoying, however, with each batt pull or reboot, things have settled down.

So, join the root community. :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. factory reset with manual sync of data and manual reinstall of all apps one by one.
2. turn off "fast boot" permanently.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on Froyo. Will wait until the maintenance release comes out and see if it actually fixes things. If it does, then I'll get GB. I have it; I just haven't flashed it over yet.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I unrooted and did this update because I know I am ditching my Evo next week.
I have yet to see any bug with GB. I have tested all the major stuff and works same as it always did in froyo. My phone is a little boring and plain looking now, but it works function wise %100
You guys wanna complain about bugs. . . . root and start testing the plethora of roms out there. You will then know what bugs really are. lol

Reactions: pstech98

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a few of the problems reported in the Official GB Update thread. Other than that, things have been pretty quite even after I did the Factory Reset Option. The only problems I have now are primarily the Sense reboots, voice to text Compass issues and a couple of GPS issues.

That said, the main ones that I need to have fixed are the GPS and Compass issues since I use my EVO a lot with these two functions with the hiking and other outdoor activities I do.

For now, I will wait for the update and see if it fixes my remaining issues. If not I am back on the rooting band wagon with my EVO. Fist phone in a long time that I haven't rooted.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I unrooted and did this update because I know I am ditching my Evo next week.
I have yet to see any bug with GB. I have tested all the major stuff and works same as it always did in froyo. My phone is a little boring and plain looking now, but it works function wise %100
You guys wanna complain about bugs. . . . root and start testing the plethora of roms out there. You will then know what bugs really are. lol

At least the ROM developers tell you what the main bugs are before you flash the ROM. I have run just about every ROM out there on my EVO and don't recall a single one of them that had as many issues as this GB update has. Sure there are the BETA ROMs but those are expected to be full of bugs. However, there are so many solid non-BETA ROMs out there that just work! It's nice to have options...

cutlassracer

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

And there's the other side of the coin. But I did download clockwork and super user earlier. Guess that tells you where I'm leaning. I had to call Sprint yesterday. I came across a prl thread and needed msl's. Asked about GB update. Nothing scheduled, but if I'd like, I can go to a Sprint store and have 2.3 removed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just got off the phone with HTC Support re the death of 802.11n on my Evo They said a maintenance
release for "Gingerbread Fixes" will be pushed within 24 - 48 hours. When asked what fixes the rep said he had no idea. Keep your fingers crossed!
Just spoke to HTC tech support. She verified mainttenace release, but said that there was no timeframe.

cutlassracer

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice if the left hand knew what the right hand was doing from time to time. Might stop some confusion. Sorry, common sense kicking in. I'll shut up now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood