HTC evo to go on pre-order on april 16th???

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i work at best buy and i got info today that best buy mobile is about to get ready to take pre-orders within a couple weeks and it could possibly start on april 16th

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Since i work there i can't pre-order the phone :'-( so i guess I'm goin to hav to find a sprint store that will have it on launch day. I might have to get to the store like a hour before they open.

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes they do the yearly upgrades too as well, because its apart of your account. They can look that info up when they look up your sprint account

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So, if they are taking preorders, what will the price be? And when is the release date? I am eligible for an upgrade on 6/1 (Pre owner), and am looking at upgrading. Can I reserve, assuming it will be out after or on 6/1?

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
They're not sure what the price will be yet. I heard that when u preorder the phone they will tell u the price of it then, and they will give u a giftcard of how much it is worth so when u go to pick it up all u hav to do is give them the gift card, set your account up,and be on your merry way.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
They're not sure what the price will be yet. I heard that when u preorder the phone they will tell u the price of it then, and they will give u a giftcard of how much it is worth so when u go to pick it up all u hav to do is give them the gift card, set your account up,and be on your merry way.

I don't think you pay full price. I think the pre-order will be like a $50 deposit and they give you that $50 gift card. I say $50 since it will cost more than that and throwing out an ambiguous number less than the full or subsidized price.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they will have inventory committed on pre-orders or if people will end up with a phone pre-ordered but no phone on launch day.

I would be shocked if HTC could commit inventory this far in advance of a launch but you never know. If not, I would not want to be stuck with a pre-order and no phone and have to try to get my money back so I could go to a Sprint store and get one.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I don't think you pay full price. I think the pre-order will be like a $50 deposit and they give you that $50 gift card. I say $50 since it will cost more than that and throwing out an ambiguous number less than the full or subsidized price.

Yes it is a $50 deposit and they give you a gift card. It's they way they have always done pre-sales, so I doubt that's changed.

Gave them 50 bucks for my Hero, got a gift card and on pick up gave them the gift card back and paid the difference.

nyseahorse

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy will do pre-orders $50 deposit you get a gift card if you pre-order you are guaranteed a phone they have not announced when pre-orders will start I heard May since the phone is scheduled for summer.

Ozmodiar

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Best Buy will do pre-orders $50 deposit you get a gift card if you pre-order you are guaranteed a phone they have not announced when pre-orders will start I heard May since the phone is scheduled for summer.

OK, so basically we don't know for sure that we can preorder the Evo 4G on April 16h...

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
That would fall in line with other claims that pre-sale would be the end of May, with the device available mid-to-late June.

Damn..

Matt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams