Backups between phones

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
With the release of the EVO 3d coming I started to wonder if I could back up my games and such on my rooted evo4g and some how transfer them to the 3d ?

I know root to root wouldn't be all that hard but root to unrooted I got no ideas ....

Anything out there to do such a thing ?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i would not do a restore from one model device to a different model device. i would do a manual one by one fresh reinstall of all data and apps or else you are asking for problems.

use the old device and sync all of your data with Gmail and Android Market and AppBrain. then manual re-sync with the new device.

also -

if you want your unpaid apps to reinstall after the update you have to make sure the phone is setup to backup your data to google.

go to settings and hit the search button and search for privacy, click the only entry and check the box for backing up your data.

(thanks Brandito!)

BKBitar

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted try backing up with Titanium, hooking it up to your computer, dragging the backup to desktop. When you get the 3D, just drag the backup onto the SD card of the 3D. Can't confirm if this will for sure work, but seems most logical.

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Wish I had a 2nd Android phone to try it on ...

Most if the apps I could just redownload but game progress would be lost, that's what I want to prevent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles