Want a size comparison?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So I was curious as to how big this phone really is. The T-Mo HTC HD2 is very similar in dimentions (and is undoubtably the starting point they went with the Evo). Took some pics today of the dummy model in comparison to my GF's pre and hand. The T-Mo rep said: "I would not want to carry that in my pocket... and look at my small head, it would look ridiculous if I held it up to my ear"

Anyway, on with the pics:

40e0a0fd.jpg

a4f9ed31.jpg

In reality, its only slightly bigger than the iPhone in sheer size, but that screen is pure sex.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for posting these pics comparing it to the Pre, as I am currently a Pre owner and will be switching to the evo upon release. It really gives me a great sense of how much bigger the screen is, I always thought the Pre screen to be too small for me. Simply cant wait for the Evo.

dannydos

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i'm looking forward to buying the evo. i want the bigger screen. the pre is to small. i don't mind carrying it around. but the screen and keyboard are to small.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
i'm looking forward to buying the evo. i want the bigger screen. the pre is to small. i don't mind carrying it around. but the screen and keyboard are to small.

The guy in the store really did have a small head. It was kinda funny cause once he pointed it out, I was like, yeah, this would look ridiculous on you... but not me :)

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that does look humongous next to the pre. I also saw a HD2 in a store the other day. I remember thinking that the screen looked almost pompously enormous, though the size of the device didn't bother me too much. I think I would like it to be a bit smaller though in complete honesty. 3.7 in seems like a nice sweet spot, but this is a luxury phone, so I'll take what I can get and appreciate it :)

That said, I currently have a Pre, and I LOVE the size of the device. I admit the screen could be bigger, but I think it works really well with the size and shape of the phone. It just fits in the hand/pocket so perfectly...I hope the Evo isn't too uncomfortable to hold...

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the comparison and yes, that does seem gigantic next to the Pre.

I have a Pre and I feel it's too small, but I also feel the iPhone is just right. I wonder what the difference would be next to an iPhone.

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, it is big. Wait until you put an otterbox case around it. With everyone getting rid of their pre's, me included, the trade-in price is going to be nil.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow, it is big. Wait until you put an otterbox case around it. With everyone getting rid of their pre's, me included, the trade-in price is going to be nil.

Exactly, I figure I can get it at about the same price of a 2-year contract price (out of contract) with my phone and accessories i plan on selling it with.

MOE-GUNZ

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Count me in the "Pre to Evo" camp. I love the Pre but I'm not letting this beast pass me. I have huge hands so I doubt it will be too uncomfortable to hold.

Anyone here played with the HD2? How does it feel? Is it a major leap from the feel of say a IPhone?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Count me in the "Pre to Evo" camp. I love the Pre but I'm not letting this beast pass me. I have huge hands so I doubt it will be too uncomfortable to hold.

Anyone here played with the HD2? How does it feel? Is it a major leap from the feel of say a IPhone?

I would say its about the same feel as the iphone. The HD2 is surprisingly thin. Won't know about the Evo until you have one in hand though as it most likely will be a little bit thicker. Its only slightly bigger physically to the iphone as the screen is larger, but you have a lot of wasted space as well.

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
I'm currently carrying both a Pre and an iPod touch in my pocket, and the Evo will probably replace both of them.
While the footprint is a bit large, it's thin enough that it won't bulge my pocket out, unlike my current situation.
And, when holding the phone to your heard, your hand pretty much obscures the size anyway, so I don't think that's a big deal.
A bigger concern would be holding that thin phone to my ear for extended periods of time might become uncomfortable, as I'd be using the tips of my fingers, instead of my palm as with the Pre. Still, I have a bt headset for a reason. :)

dustinpowell82

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow. So I won't be the only one giving up their Pre. I'm going to miss webOS. A LOT. The keyboard, as well. I thought it was a little silly and user-unfriendly when a bought the thing. A week later i could out-type any of my friends who have virtual keyboards. But damn. That Evo is amazing.

Are you hearing us Palm Inc.? You've lost us due to middling Hardware. And hey, HTC! Buy Palm!

jerbear

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
One more Pre-to-Evo here. I bought my Pre on launch day but Sprint gives yearly upgrades so when there is something this big coming out a year later you can bet I will be upgrading. If Palm had something really impressive coming out as well this summer then I would have considered it but as far as I can tell, this will be the flagship for the next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463