Will Gingerbread fix my force close issue?

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I recently posted about a force close notice that I've started getting all the time. Today I got the notice to update to Gingerbread. Is GB like having a complete software overhaul which might correct my force close or do I need to take it to Sprint and have them look at it? Also, do I try to let them do the update instead of me doing it? Last question, after hours of trying to get my contacts to sync with Sprint and HTC help they finally synced to my google account. Do I need to get my pictures off of there as well, or any other information that will be lost?

Thanks for your help!

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly,
From the sounds of your post and technical level, you are best taking it to Sprint and letting them do the work for you.

Pictures would not be deleted as they are on the SD card. GB update wont delete anything, but I would make sure all your contacts are truly synced to Google.
If you have FC issues, i would wipe the phone completely first and see how it reacts from a fresh build before installing apps. Im willing to bet its app related. . . which GB wouldnt fix.

Reactions: momof2inmn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy