Voicemails all going to text...

Ha Chickee Pitah

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I get a VM, instead of it going into my VM inbox, it gets transcribed and sent to my phone via text message (I use Handcent, btw). I really don't like this, as the transcription is not very good.

I'm not sure when this started happening. I just got my Evo 4G two weeks ago, and I updated to GB the day after I bought the phone, so it could be a GB issue, but I don't see that on the list of known issues. I don't get a lot of VM's, so this may have been happening all along, and I didn't realize it.

Have I changed something in my settings without realizing it (I see a text-to-VM trial service in my settings, but I did not initialize it, as far as I know)? Is there a quick fix? I really don't want to do a factory restart, but will if I have to. I have turned the phone off, pulled the battery, and the SD card multiple times, and checked everything in my settings that I know to check, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated...

zacharyzblewski

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I get a VM, instead of it going into my VM inbox, it gets transcribed and sent to my phone via text message (I use Handcent, btw). I really don't like this, as the transcription is not very good.

I'm not sure when this started happening. I just got my Evo 4G two weeks ago, and I updated to GB the day after I bought the phone, so it could be a GB issue, but I don't see that on the list of known issues. I don't get a lot of VM's, so this may have been happening all along, and I didn't realize it.

Have I changed something in my settings without realizing it (I see a text-to-VM trial service in my settings, but I did not initialize it, as far as I know)? Is there a quick fix? I really don't want to do a factory restart, but will if I have to. I have turned the phone off, pulled the battery, and the SD card multiple times, and checked everything in my settings that I know to check, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated...

You have Sprint Visual Voicemail-To-Text activated.

Reactions: Ha Chickee Pitah

Ha Chickee Pitah

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, after searching the Sprint forums, it appears that Sprint is signing people up for "Free" trials of voicemail-to-text automatically. I guess this is because I am a new customer? It gets better. It apparently can't be turned off until the free trial runs out (one month).

This is STUPID. I can't stand this service, and would have declined it if offered. Anyone here know how I can end it early, by any chance?

I'm pretty pissed they signed me up for this without my knowledge, and won't let me cancel it until after the "trial" is over. UGH!!

lgtsbr

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Interesting......

I got a call that I couldn't answer at work, so I let it go to voicemail. The notification never came to my Voicemail Inbox on my phone, instead I got a txt message saying "android 1234567890 has sent you a message. Call 1234567890 to listen. MMSN, 15d54142f,f046,v69yjje2pu5//CM". To say the least I was perplexed, so I called tech support and they said that the Voicemail box on the phone will not be used again, all the notifications for voicemails will be sent via txt message now. Kind of annoyed with this, I liked having my Voicemails show up on the phone without having to call in for them.....

eriseth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Things like this make me glad I use Google voice for voicemail over sprint. I love the widget. I can see a transcription and listen to the VM right from the widget.

lgtsbr

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Things like this make me glad I use Google voice for voicemail over sprint. I love the widget. I can see a transcription and listen to the VM right from the widget.

Really? I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews lately about Google Voice, especially since the GB update. All I really want is my vm's to download to the phone again.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting......

I got a call that I couldn't answer at work, so I let it go to voicemail. The notification never came to my Voicemail Inbox on my phone, instead I got a txt message saying "android 1234567890 has sent you a message. Call 1234567890 to listen. MMSN, 15d54142f,f046,v69yjje2pu5//CM". To say the least I was perplexed, so I called tech support and they said that the Voicemail box on the phone will not be used again, all the notifications for voicemails will be sent via txt message now. Kind of annoyed with this, I liked having my Voicemails show up on the phone without having to call in for them.....

wow, that's a shame if true. i just "up"graded to GB a few days ago and also wiped my phone, and noticed today that i am getting those texts as well and no visual voicemail. does VVM no longer work now??

lgtsbr

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
wow, that's a shame if true. i just "up"graded to GB a few days ago and also wiped my phone, and noticed today that i am getting those texts as well and no visual voicemail. does VVM no longer work now??

Thats what I was led to believe from Sprint Tech Support, the VVM will no longer be supported or work.......

Dave

jayn2g

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

The transcription in Google Voice sucks... It never translates what the msg actually says... For me anyway. I want to know how to stop it also. Its annoying to get a notification for a text msg and then seconds later get a voicemail notification.

-Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness-

dan06gt

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I get a text that says the same thing as lgtsbr. I tried to reactivate VVM by sending the message to the email address. It responded with the Provisioning successful, but it still doesn't work. This just started happening after the upgrade to 4.24.651.1.

lgtsbr

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
just as an update, I posted the issue over on Sprints community forum and got a response back from a Sprint Rep, which I am quoting below:

"Hello!

To get this cleared up right now, I have no information that is stating that Visual Voicemail is going away. If anything I would expect to see more phones with the feature. The fundamental difference between visual voicemail and normal voicemail is that Visual voicemail is downloaded on your phone so you then can play it, skip parts of it, rewind for other parts, etc.

I will private message you, to get more information as this is not expected behavior and while I can't speak for what was said between two other people, the information shared in that is simply not correct. "

The PM consisted of my number so they can look into this further, so there is hope. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome

Dave