Facebook Not as Good on Android Phones

DannyMichel

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to say i'm very disappointed that things as basic as uploading video and tagging friends in photos is not available on facebook for android phones. Android phones are not new, so i'm surprised this hasn't been dealt with already

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on creating the 5000th "Facebook app sucks" thread! ;)

If you are on Sense (i.e. not rooted with a custom ROM) you can tag photos when you upload them when you "share with Facebook for HTC".....doesn't do much good once they are uploaded I guess.

At least that is what I am reading. I am rooted on CM7 so can't check.

I may check out friendcaster. I was hoping that the official app would have quicker updates....I mean, they have improved it significantly since I got my phone a year ago, but it's still missing some key features that would be nice.

why does the iPhone have to win at this too?
please guys, let's beat them at something

Android beats them at plenty.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had friendcaster for a few months now, nothing short of 10 strong updates since. Official app, maybe 3 in a year

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Also devs have to create one app to work across hundreds of different devices as opposed to 1 like the iPhone, expect some bugs. Small price to pay for freedom

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I use friendcaster from the market. Try the free version first . Worth the $3 to me

sent from my OG EVO

did you notice a little more drain to the battery with friendcaster? I tried it and thought it was pretty good as well but it seemed to be a bit of a battery drain....

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hard for me to tell, I've never got great battery life with my evo anyhow. I think its a little better with gb. I use the experimental gmail setting for notifications instead of periodic polling, I think that may be easier on the battery

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hard for me to tell, I've never got great battery life with my evo anyhow. I think its a little better with gb. I use the experimental gmail setting for notifications instead of periodic polling, I think that may be easier on the battery

i was impressed as i am with other handmark applications. i think tweetcaster is the best twitter app out there. it took a little bit getting used to friendcaster but was rather decent. i have read that facebook for android was going to get a major update this year but not sure where, it was most likely on this forum.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Friendcaster is a great alternative, better than the original stock FB app and has a developer that responds quickly. He's going to add chat soon to make it complete.

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
That's really up to the devs at Facebook.

I still haven't gotten their push notifications to work, so I'm not expecting much from them, honestly.

I get pushes from FB when I receive mail but that's it. No poke notifications and you can't poke from within the app. It's better than FB on the Palm Pre Plus though. The mobile website has all of the options, so if I need to do other things, I just open it up in the browser.

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are on Sense (i.e. not rooted with a custom ROM) you can tag photos when you upload them when you "share with Facebook for HTC".....doesn't do much good once they are uploaded I guess.

I have a completely stock EVO and when I tried uploading via the "Facebook for HTC" option I was given no chance to do any tagging.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BlackBerry 9700 got the sensation4g and Facebook for android is a 100 light years better then fb for BlackBerry IMO. Plus we have the option to use fb for android,fb for htc sense (friend stream) and the mobile touch website and they're all pretty good. I don't tag photos often so I don't know much about that but I think ours is just as good as the iPhone app

BKBitar

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that you can upload videos from the facebook app now, I have done it. However I'm still not sure on how to tag people in pictures.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae