Wifi connection issues since GB update

Catdaddy327

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have been having issues with my wifi connection since the GB update that supposedly fixed the previous GB upgrade. I keep wifi turned on all the time on my phone, so connecting to my router is usually seamless as I come and go from my home. Since the update, the connection is not automatic anymore. I try turning on and off the widget, but that does not fix the issue. It constantly scans, but never connects. I actually have to restart my phone before the connection is re-established. Outside of wiping the phone and re-installing all the apps, is there anything I can do to correct this? Is this a known issue? Thanks in advance for any answers.

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been having issues with my wifi connection since the GB update that supposedly fixed the previous GB upgrade. I keep wifi turned on all the time on my phone, so connecting to my router is usually seamless as I come and go from my home. Since the update, the connection is not automatic anymore. I try turning on and off the widget, but that does not fix the issue. It constantly scans, but never connects. I actually have to restart my phone before the connection is re-established. Outside of wiping the phone and re-installing all the apps, is there anything I can do to correct this? Is this a known issue? Thanks in advance for any answers.
Have you tried restarting your router and re-sign in to connect.

Catdaddy327

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I reset the router to its default settings, entered SSID and security info back in, and tried to connect using my phone - no go, unless I restart my phone. If I turn the wifi widget off and back on again, or if I leave my house and come back, the phone WILL NOT re-connect via wireless. Mind you, I have a laptop connected to my router, and it's connected with no problems whatsoever, even after the reset, so I'm assuming that it's not the router. Thanks!

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issue ever since the very first GB update........I know its not the router itself because my girlfriends epic 4G and our pc connect and stay connected with no problems......

hollj00#AC

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
i read some where on one of the posts that the GB update removed the 802.11n (router access?) maybe that's the problem?

I did some looking and there are different router id's out there, but i'm not an expert and confused but thought this could be your issue

Catdaddy327

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
For me, that wouldn't be the problem, because my connection was working properly after the first update, which had the N support stripped out. It was after the second update that things started to futz.

Moose24

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue after the 2nd GB update. I still don't know the exact problem but figured out a fix for mine. I have the SSID disable on my router and my Evo would not connect, if I enable the wireless SSID on the router it connect fine, no problem. So, I just left the router with the wireless SSID enabled. Hope this helps.