Swype keyboard turns blue?

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with the Swype keyboard turning blue. It's like a highlighted blue, kinda like the color it turns a single key when you press and hold and it lights up blue... It's that color. It was the entire keyboard earlier and now it's just half of it...tends to come and go. I'd attach a pic but I don't know how to post a pic here. Does a photo link work? Heres a pic click below to see what I'm talking about.... any reason this should be happening?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33960143@N05/5870376280/in/photostream/

Last edited:

le_pig

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine started doing that today. I noticed it was happening when I was sending text messages and on facebook. Its like it starts off in the corner, then covers half the keyboard, and then the full keyboard, then goes away.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine started doing that today. I noticed it was happening when I was sending text messages and on facebook. Its like it starts off in the corner, then covers half the keyboard, and then the full keyboard, then goes away.
Exactly! Same here, thanks.... At least I know now it's not a hardware issue, lol! I was headed to sprint tomorrow first thing because of it. You saved me some time since it's software.

sassassy

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Everyone!

I'm having the same issue with Swype, but I have a Motorola Photon. I'm on my second Photon actually due to the Swype issue. Sprint thought the issue was due to the phone, so they sent me another Photon. It worked fine at first, but the Swype issue started as soon as I downloaded an app that I had on my first Photon.....Go SMS Pro. I was wondering if you all happened to have the same app on your phone?

Thanks!

Bic101

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that too on my Evo: using Swype version 2.50.72.20895.20925, Android 2.3.3.

BTW, does anyone know how to get a newer version of Swype without rooting the phone? Mine came preinstalled and I've never received updates for Swype and it's now on version 3.something.

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello, this has happened to me a while back, stopped and started again. It usually can be fixed with a battery pull. It isn't the worst thing so i usually dont go through the trouble but try taking the battery out and putting it back in

josh_evo4G

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me too. It somehow went away on its own. Since then, I've rooted and installed the newest version of Swype...hasn't done it so far with this one so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. More annoying than it is anything...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza