Dumb Question - Where are the apk's stored?

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Using root explorer, i know that the system apps are in

System / App

But where are the apps that i download? I have it set to install to external on the SD card, but for the life of me i can't seem to locate where its putting the apk's.

I'm trying to get my tunee.apk to send to a friend since the download link is broke on the website.. thats how this question started hah.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Using root explorer, i know that the system apps are in

System / App

But where are the apps that i download? I have it set to install to external on the SD card, but for the life of me i can't seem to locate where its putting the apk's.

I'm trying to get my tunee.apk to send to a friend since the download link is broke on the website.. thats how this question started hah.

Data/app

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought I had the apps move there as well but looks like I didn't when I took a second look. After moving some to the sd card I couldn't find them either. The ones that I didn't move were still in the data/app, but now it got me curious as where they were moved too.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey man, its not there either. Would they be somewhere else if i did the "Move to SD card" ?

If the app has been "Moved to SD" then it won't show in the /Data/App folder. You need to move it back to the phone to see it. Then you can copy the apk.

I had to do this with Netflix to put it on my EVO 3D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance