The Official "I'm Jealous of GB for Evo Shift 4G" Thread!

chazz6422#AC

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt I am the only one with this issue. But my Fiancee's Evo Shift was recently updated to GB 2.3 and i noticed the crap load of changes done to her UI and keyboard and everything else!?!?!?! Do all the other devices have these changes? and why in $#@% $%&$ @#$() Can't our Evo 4Gs get such a nice update like the shift????

Last edited:

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you made this thread. It is exactly what I was coming here to ask about. I just recently upgraded from 4G to 3D and my wife has a Shift. I always ran CM7 on my 4G and couldn't even remember what sense looked like. I was showing Sense 3.0 off to a buddy who still has a 4G and I noted things like the quick settings in the notification pull down. Then my wife says "my phone does that". I was shocked at the discrepancy between the Shift and 4G, I guess it HTC's way of telling 4G owners its time to upgrade.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Exactly the reason why the Evo will be my last HTC device. They pull off a stunt like this even though Sense is ok as it is on my Evo.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well believe it or not, the Shift is more powerful than the Evo, thus the Shift can run these extra features cleanly, not so much on the evo, be glad you didn't get the update to that cause you would be complaining how slow your phone has gotten. HTC knows what they are doing, why do you think they have some of the most popular phones. Like it was stated before, you want the newest stuff, upgrade to the newest stuff. Not everything can be brought to older phones. Remember this, we are entering the age of phones that the evo is slowly falling out. Live with it, this happens to all cell phones. I will be upgrading to the 3d November 1st if nothing else is set to be released by then. Good day and stop complaining.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Should be 2 new Sprint phones out by November 1st...I agree a different update would slow the Evo down. It happened to my Hero when they updated it. I'm hoping one of the new phones will be a Sprint version of the Sensation.

Apollo3T

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I just want that music player... it would roll like 3 different apps I have into one! Auto uploads album art, smooth running.... And I wanna be able to delete bloatware. K,- I'm done whining now! ;)

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the EVO and I have the Shift. She's super jealous of Camera 3.0 that I got with my upgrade. Is there any way she can get that on her EVO? Thanks!

If she is still running Froyo, then you could root it and run one of the Sense 2.1/3.0 ROMs.

If she has done the OTA Gingerbread update, then there isn't any way to do it right now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This thread has been hijacked so badly, I don't feel bad posting this question: can the Google Talk (with Video chat) app work on the MikG rom from the video? (My apologies if he says it in the video - I'm at work and I had to watch without sound)

chazz6422#AC

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
lol well now I have my answer! that kinda sucks though.... looks like i'll be ooting soon!!!

Well believe it or not, the Shift is more powerful than the Evo, thus the Shift can run these extra features cleanly, not so much on the evo, be glad you didn't get the update to that cause you would be complaining how slow your phone has gotten. HTC knows what they are doing, why do you think they have some of the most popular phones. Like it was stated before, you want the newest stuff, upgrade to the newest stuff. Not everything can be brought to older phones. Remember this, we are entering the age of phones that the evo is slowly falling out. Live with it, this happens to all cell phones. I will be upgrading to the 3d November 1st if nothing else is set to be released by then. Good day and stop complaining.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Should be 2 new Sprint phones out by November 1st...I agree a different update would slow the Evo down. It happened to my Hero when they updated it. I'm hoping one of the new phones will be a Sprint version of the Sensation.

the EVO 3D IS the Sprint version of the Sensation! it's the same exact phone except for the cameras and the 3D has extra ram

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
the EVO 3D IS the Sprint version of the Sensation! it's the same exact phone except for the cameras and the 3D has extra ram

I don't want the 3D part. I want the Sensation. That's why I said that. I've played with both of them at work, for weeks at a time.

I'm not jealous of the Shift. At all. I'm not the jealous type. Especially over a phone.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't want the 3D part. I want the Sensation. That's why I said that. I've played with both of them at work, for weeks at a time.

I'm not jealous of the Shift. At all. I'm not the jealous type. Especially over a phone.

Um... you know you can turn it off, right?

JBGood

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just did the MikG rom and all I can say is WOW! Way cool. Am new to roms but have been playing with thwm for a week and I have to say super cool stuff.